Kettering pub comes to the rescue with fundraiser for woman with incurable brain tumour
A pub landlady has stepped in at the eleventh hour to help with a fundraiser for a woman with an incurable brain tumour.
Catherine Anderson, who was born in Glasgow, raised in Corby and now lives in Uppingham, was just 36 when she was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour in 2014.
But the bravery of Cat, who is known as ‘Cat in a Hat’ because she wears various different hats, has inspired family and friends to raise money under the umbrella of UK charity Brain Tumour Research to fund research into the disease.
They had organised an event on Saturday (October 22) to raise money for Cat in... read more
- 18:20 Russia says it extends moratorium on Aleppo air strikes
- 18:19 CCTV clue after two friends attacked after leaving The Ritz in...
- 18:19 Bodies found after Allerton house fire
- 18:18 DVD Reviews: Two Women and A Special Day
- 18:16 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:15 Blitz on burglary suspects in Northumberland and North Tyneside
- 18:14 GUILTY: Fleetwood man murdered his baby girl
- 18:14 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:14 Cannabis farm uncovered at remote Cumbrian bungalow
- 18:14 Man denies insurance fraud
- 18:13 'I had to quit my job and do something to help people': One woman's...
- 18:13 Ronda Rousey ran from fighting Holly Holm again in the UFC after...
- 18:13 Car crashes into houses
- 18:12 Sir Alex Ferguson: This is my biggest regret from 27 years at...
- 18:12 Wolves next manager odds: Marco Silva and Sam Allardyce lead the way
- 18:12 Tractor driver dies as vehicle leaves road and hits shed at airfield
- 18:11 Students ‘riot’ during ‘pi**y’ themed night out
- 18:10 Traffic delays expected on A6 in Derby during rush hour
- 18:10 Traditional tales kept children at Grange Street Infants' School in...
- 18:10 Vital work to take place at Chesterfield car park
- 18:10 VIDEO: Halloween ghost stories from a Nottinghamshire landmark
- 18:09 Morecambe dad’s £45K mission to fight MS
- 18:09 Teenager who vanished is found tied to a bed in his Dad’s basement...
- 18:09 Manchester United boss Mourinho says life in the city is 'a disaster'
- 18:09 Guardiola identifies how Man City can improve significantly
- 18:09 Manchester United defender Eric Bailly out injured for two months
- 18:08 Event at hall launches county career college
- 18:08 First pictures of Dreamworld accident victims as devastated mum...
- 18:08 Torpedo stuffed with £4.5m worth of 'Playboy' cocaine washes up on...
- 18:08 Two-car crash on A46 at Ratcliffe