Kerrigan inspires Lancashire win
Resurgent spinner Simon Kerrigan produced a superb final afternoon spell to lead Lancashire to an innings and 94-run victory over Hampshire in the Specsavers County Championship clash at Old Trafford.
Resuming at the start of play on 76 for two, the visitors’ dogged determination before lunch gave them hope of securing an unlikely draw despite the loss of skipper James Vince for 47 and Liam Dawson for 18 as they reached the interval on 151 for four.
But Kerrigan finished with figures of five for 59 as Hampshire were dismissed for 253, losing their last five wickets for just 45 runs.
ith... read more
- 15:45 Cocktail of the week: Martello Hall's Little red door
- 15:45 Shop in town goes single-use plastic free
- 15:44 Arsene Wenger quits Arsenal: Who joins Thierry Henry in his best...
- 15:44 Arsenal expected XI: Arsene Wenger to go 4-3-3 against West Ham for...
- 15:44 PIERS MORGAN: I'm glad Wenger's going, but I'm also glad I can...
- 15:44 Chelsea expected XI: Who will make Antonio Conte’s 3-4-3 for FA Cup...
- 15:44 US court sentences former Liberian warlord to 30 years
- 15:44 Last Damascus rebels bombarded as Assad presses advantage in Syria
- 15:44 Bristol hospital vows to improve training after death of teenager
- 15:43 Last days of Preston's former indoor market caught on camera
- 15:42 Doncaster Apprentice star returns to TV to tell of store's success...
- 15:42 A guide to nudist beaches in North Wales
- 15:40 Land Rovers put through their paces on muddy Grantham course
- 15:40 Papa John’s is selling a ‘cheeseburger pizza’
- 15:40 Annabel’s new role in BBC drama The Split
- 15:40 Express in New York for a 30th to remember
- 15:40 Students’ hopes to topple Yorkshire’s highest peaks
- 15:40 Pit banner parade to return after 30 years
- 15:40 Housebuilder gives baby unit a £1k donation
- 15:39 London Marathon's long love of fancy dress
- 15:39 Flood issues raised after heavy rainfall
- 15:39 Ballot open for action over Wigan hospital staff firm move
- 15:38 Dog festival at Prestwich's Heaton Park in aid of children's hospice
- 15:37 Prince Charles approved as next head of the Commonwealth
- 15:37 Mum who stabbed five-year-old son to death given indefinite...
- 15:37 Housebuilder gives baby unit a £1k donation
- 15:35 Motorbike rider in 'serious but stable' condition after A171 crash
- 15:35 Wells Fargo to pay $1bn in largest fine levied against a bank under...
- 15:35 Crafty pupils stub out cigarette litter
- 15:34 Pit banner parade to return after 30 years