Kenilworth dad takes on 100-mile cycle challenge days before Leukaemia treatment
A BRAVE Kenilworth dad is taking on a 100-mile cycle challenge just days before starting lifesaving treatment for Leukaemia.
Father-of-two Mark Nicholas is saddling up with 16 year-old son Finn to take part in Vélo Birmingham and raise money for charity Cure Leukaemia.
Just 15 days later he will undergo a potentially life-changing stem-cell transplant.
Mark, 46, who works as a freelance IT consultant, raised eyebrows when he greeted the news of his diagnosis by signing up for Vélo Birmingham with Finn, a student at Princethorpe College in Rugby.
He explains: “Rather than sit down and do... read more
- 18:11 Ludborough railway is just the ticket for train lovers
- 18:10 Parts of Blackpool’s South Pier cordoned off in safety scare
- 18:09 Ahmed Musa sets TWO World Cup records as Nigeria beat Iceland
- 18:06 Horninglow shops count cost of devastation after burglar stole...
- 18:04 Big Interview: Ambitions plans at Fulwood & Broughton Cricket Club
- 18:02 Hero neighbour rushes into burning home to get people out of...
- 18:02 John Bercow aims to stay on as Speaker to oversee Brexit process
- 18:01 Serbia vs Switzerland LIVE: Team news and World Cup updates from...
- 18:01 Sergej Milinkovic-Savic: Why Man Utd, Real Madrid and Barcelona...
- 18:01 300 Easyjet and Ryanair flights cancelled this weekend - are you...
- 18:00 Plans to fix dangerous Sutton road
- 18:00 John Leslie cleared over Edinburgh nightclub hen night sex assault...
- 17:57 Police hunt man after damage to Barrow pub
- 17:57 Refugee reveals the terrifying moment he fled Darfur during civil war
- 17:57 North and South Korea agree to reunite families split by war
- 17:52 Durham University student cleared of rape and sexual assault
- 17:52 Phillip Wearne obituary
- 17:52 BMW joins Airbus in Brexit warning
- 17:51 Coventry City boss Mark Robins's reaction to the new League One...
- 17:50 Scale of repairs revealed at ceiling collapse school in Birmingham
- 17:50 House of Fraser closure could be a housing 'opportunity' for...
- 17:47 Judge rejects bid for gender-neutral passports
- 17:46 Pair deny Cockermouth Christmas Day assault allegations
- 17:44 Bus diversions after car overturns in Beeches Road, Great Barr
- 17:43 Popular Hull café Nibble to double in size in city's booming Fruit...
- 17:43 Best of British with the Range Rover Evoque
- 17:43 Police refuse to give up but after 114 orders made, is this...
- 17:43 National Kissing Day: There’s nothing wrong with kissing on the...
- 17:42 Police appeal after arson at Chesterfield gym
- 17:42 Noise complaints force Edinburgh music festival indoors