Kelvin McKenzie cleared by press regulator over attack on newsreader Fatima Manji
Complaints made against S*n editor Kelvin McKenzie for questioning why Channel 4 journalist Fatima Manji was wearing a hijab have been dismissed by the press regulator.
ITN and the Ms Manji referred the matter to the Independent Press Standards Organisation (Ipso) after McKenzie questioned whether it was right for her to wear the hijab to present a report on the Nice massacre in July.
His comments sparked more than 1,700 complaints to press watchdog IPSO.
Read More Fatima Manji: The Truth - why Kelvin MacKenzie's smears won't stop me from doing my job
McKenzie subsequently defended his... read more
- 09:49 Tottenham prepare summer transfers after £50m was wasted last year
- 09:49 Luis Garcia: This is why Philippe Coutinho must not leave Liverpool...
- 09:49 Lincolnshire County Council could end its Local Government...
- 09:49 South Keveston District Council ask residents for help to improve...
- 09:48 Shropshire protests being held over feared maternity unit cutbacks
- 09:47 50 South Yorkshire homes hit by power cut
- 09:44 Danger driver rammed taxi off road before speeding away at 100mph...
- 09:44 Major Derbyshire road closed after crash between car and lorry
- 09:44 Tatler shares all the things that make your fridge posh
- 09:44 Javier Hernandez makes history as he equals Mexico goalscoring record
- 09:42 Three charged with conspiracy to commit robbery in Nottinghamshire
- 09:42 Sports facility reopens after major refurbishment
- 09:42 Comic Relief end of night total REVEALED but Red Nose Day viewers...
- 09:41 Easter theatre fun for youngsters
- 09:41 Jeremy McConnell returns to Instagram as Ex on the Beach rumours...
- 09:41 Passionate performance by Japanese pianist
- 09:41 DR Congo unrest: Why have 10 mass graves been found in Kasai?
- 09:41 Town in top five for food hygiene improvements
- 09:41 Fernando Alonso admits McLaren might struggle to finish Australian...
- 09:41 What are Scotland's chances of qualifying for the 2018 World Cup? -...
- 09:41 7 Expert tips for cutting sugar the sensible way
- 09:41 South Lakes weather for Saturday March 25
- 09:41 Barrow's emergency services pay their respects as nation mourns...
- 09:41 Patrons back bid to buy and renovate Cumbrian poet's Millom home
- 09:40 Tour de Yorkshire spectacle to showcase the town
- 09:39 Hundreds of homes approved in Wyre
- 09:38 Britain's poorest, excluded from banking, turn to high-cost credit...
- 09:38 People kill sheep, strip naked and chain themselves together at...
- 09:38 London attacker Khalid Masood ‘rowed with ex after convincing...
- 09:37 Gomersal U15s show heart in Blackburn Cup final loss