Kellogg's Wrexham 'more secure' after cereal manufacturer decides to close German site
Kellogg’s is set to close a plant in Germany in a move that unions say should secure the future of the Wrexham site.
The cereal maker has completed a “thorough analysis” of its network which found it had too much capacity in Europe.
This has now led to plans to close its site in Bremen in Germany with 250 jobs at risk.
Read More Wrexham Kellogg's factory set to cut 30 jobs
The Usdaw union said this should be positive news for the Kellogg’s Wrexham site but the company said significant cost reduction is still required at its remaining European operations.
A Kellogg’s spokeswoman said:... read more
- 13:32 Italian police arrest pro-Islamic State trio over suspected Venice...
- 13:32 Netanyahu set to approve first West Bank settlement for 20 years
- 13:32 Syrian rebels seize swathes of south as Islamic State retreats
- 13:32 ‘Super-fit’ gran develops life-threatening diabetes through love of...
- 13:32 Statins breakthrough: Cholesterol-lowering drugs 'could combat deep...
- 13:32 We need your nominations
- 13:32 Harry Potter festival plans 'blown out the water'
- 13:31 Coventry City twin backing brother Dion to help bring back the...
- 13:31 Neil Taylor facing extended ban after horror tackle on Seamus Coleman
- 13:31 Sing to the Swing
- 13:29 Win A Wedding: The Venue
- 13:29 Former Aston Villa midfielder Nobby Solano delighted after beating...
- 13:28 Stormzy is playing in Leicester next week – here's how you can get...
- 13:26 Chelsea attempted to sign Neymar by convincing him he could be...
- 13:26 Saving the Venezuelan Amazon: mega-nature reserve? Or mega-mining...
- 13:26 We need your nominations
- 13:26 Eden Hazard has major worry: This will affect Real Madrid move
- 13:25 SpaceX to launch first reused rocket, testing cost-cutting model
- 13:24 Woman arrested for being drunk and disorderly twice in two weeks
- 13:24 Nottingham Poetry Festival 2017 - all you need to know
- 13:23 A marathon challenge to raise cash for Hartlepool hospice
- 13:23 Music a mystery to apes left baffled by Bieber and Beethoven
- 13:22 Referee speaks out following attack
- 13:22 Sing to the Swing
- 13:22 School governor jailed after being caught with 4,000 indecent...
- 13:21 Brexit: What is the great repeal bill?
- 13:21 Northants add Taylor and Sales to coaching staff
- 13:21 Rolls-Royce unveils nine Wraiths 'Inspired by British Music'
- 13:21 Choose crafts over chocolate this Easter and help youngsters at...
- 13:21 'I'll bury you': shocking footage shows bitter feud between Scouser...