Keep taking loads of selfies because they make you happy, science says
If you own a selfie stick and people are genuinely worried about your selfie addiction, fear not – there’s a very good reason for you to keep snapping.
Man enters chilli eating contest – but ‘burns’ inch-wide hole in his throat Filling up your phone’s memory with hundreds of smiling selfies makes you happier, scientists believe.
Researchers at the University of California, Irvine, asked 41 students to take selfies and share photos with their friends every day for four weeks.
Over time, their moods improved – they were more happy and confident, even when they faked a... read more
- 02:20 Conor McGregor won't hold on to the lightweight title - Mike Chiesa
- 02:20 Bernie Ecclestone could step down as F1 chief this week
- 02:19 China's Xi to head new commission for military-civilian development
- 02:18 Oil edges up after producer meeting, but high U.S. output weighs
- 02:13 BREAKING: United Airlines forced to GROUND flights after computer...
- 02:11 Jose Mourinho: Wayne Rooney can leave Manchester United
- 02:11 Manchester United target Goncalo Guedes says his goodbyes to Benfica
- 02:11 Serena Williams battles past Barbora Strycova to reach Australian...
- 01:53 Lyon 3-1 Marseille: Memphis Depay makes his Ligue 1 debut as...
- 01:53 Britain should adopt Swiss-style migration policy, German finance...
- 01:50 Tallia Storm flashes her racy black lace bra and taut tum in ripped...
- 01:50 EastEnders child star Maisie Smith, 15, is unrecognisable as she...
- 01:50 Is that really a good call? Sam Faiers merrily chats away on her...
- 01:50 The Gmail phishing scam that is even fooling the experts
- 01:50 Kelly Brook cuts a stylish figure in statement burgundy coat as she...
- 01:50 Kylie Minogue looks effortlessly chic in a black blazer with white...
- 01:50 'You wouldn't want to deal with my s**t': Jamie O'Hara calls time...
- 01:48 Hudson Swafford claims maiden PGA Tour title with one-shot victory...
- 01:44 Samsung confirms faulty batteries as cause of Note 7 fires
- 01:34 Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney calls for improved media...
- 01:29 iPhone maker Foxconn signals $7bn US investment
- 01:25 Samsung Electronics says battery defects caused Note 7 fires
- 01:05 Diego Costa issues direct response to Chelsea future talk on...
- 01:04 Leeds bin rounds to be axed in cost-cutting ‘review’ of routes
- 01:04 Romanians march against prisoner release plan
- 00:57 Adopted sons 'unjustly' taken from parents
- 00:57 RMT union reveals 'damning' figures on driver-only services
- 00:57 Trading Standards teams 'struggling to visit' scam victims
- 00:54 School budgets near breaking point, say head teachers
- 00:51 New seat alert app for pregnant commuters