Karate champ with terminal illness needs £60,000 for treatment abroad
When super-fit karate champion Daz Ellis thought he was suffering from a trapped nerve, little did he know that weeks later he’d be diagnosed with a terminal disease.
The 50-year-old grandad of seven from Leyland was still taking part in - and winning - competitions when he first noticed the first signs of Motor Neurone Disease (MND) earlier this year.
The nine-time world champion was recommended to see a physiotherapist, but in July, when muscle twitching in his arm began to worsen, he started to lose weight and struggled to walk, he insisted on scans which revealed the devastating truth.... read more
- 17:14 Jose Mourinho reacts to Manchester United Europa League draw with...
- 17:14 Lincolnshire pub given the 'all-clear' following rat claims
- 17:14 Boss praises firemen for saving his business from serious fire
- 17:14 Crunch! Watch as police seize and crush uninsured criminal's car
- 17:13 Air Cadets call for new members to join
- 17:12 Olathe shooting: India shocked after national killed in US
- 17:12 Should 'catfishing' be made illegal?
- 17:11 INTERVIEW: John Shuttleworth
- 17:11 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...
- 17:11 How the brush strokes used by Van Gogh and Seurat were pioneered...
- 17:10 Mourinho on Rooney's decision to stay at Manchester United
- 17:10 RGC must continue to learn lessons says coach Phil John
- 17:10 Running advice from a professional: Olympic champion Desiree Henry
- 17:10 Europa League team of the week: Which Manchester United star made...
- 17:10 Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson engage in epic back and forth...
- 17:10 Jurgen Klopp reveals injury to Liverpool star in training: Two...
- 17:10 Andy Hinchcliffe predicts Championship promotion race: These four...
- 17:10 Chelsea plot Serie A raid: Blues keen on Lazio star, £21m fee...
- 17:09 Penrith man admits child porn crimes
- 17:09 Team news, predictions and key battles ahead of Grimsby Town's...
- 17:08 Images released after shop thefts totalling over £2,000
- 17:08 Perfect storm as Wetherby residents object to green belt plans
- 17:08 Campaign to name Harrogate bypass after legendary historic figure
- 17:08 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 17:08 Single white rose tribute to Melton councillor Val Manderson
- 17:07 Manchester City ace: I want to play with this Liverpool star
- 17:07 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...
- 17:07 Antonio Conte puts Chelsea players through their paces with Blues...
- 17:07 Coventry City boss Russell Slade to set Kwame Thomas 'targets'
- 17:06 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...