Karate champ with terminal illness needs £60,000 for treatment abroad
When super-fit karate champion Daz Ellis thought he was suffering from a trapped nerve, little did he know that weeks later he’d be diagnosed with a terminal disease.
The 50-year-old grandad of seven from Leyland was still taking part in - and winning - competitions when he first noticed the first signs of Motor Neurone Disease (MND) earlier this year.
The nine-time world champion was recommended to see a physiotherapist, but in July, when muscle twitching in his arm began to worsen, he started to lose weight and struggled to walk, he insisted on scans which revealed the devastating truth.... read more
- 18:34 Morgan Freeman facing ‘multiple’ sex harassment allegations
- 18:31 Pet shops could soon be banned from selling puppies
- 18:31 Arsenal transfer news: Unai Emery told he must have these TWO...
- 18:31 Man Utd transfer news: Chelsea joined in Robert Lewandowski race as...
- 18:30 Readers try to find novelist’s ‘crime scenes’ in Peak District
- 18:28 Keeping the NHS going could cost you £2,000 in extra taxes
- 18:28 Work on derelict Carlisle hotel halted due to fresh fears
- 18:28 Police officers ‘ate cannabis on duty then called for back-up when...
- 18:27 Arrest over Chorley dog’s head incident
- 18:25 Lloyds investors rebel against bank's executive pay report
- 18:23 Irish pro-choice campaigners recount #HomeToVote journeys online
- 18:21 'An absolutely disgusting article': is satire funnier when the...
- 18:21 Sudanese teenager who killed rapist husband appeals death sentence
- 18:18 Arsonists caught fleeing after throwing petrol bomb at house where...
- 18:16 Special ball raises £300k to support Doddie Weir MND cause
- 18:16 Nicola Sturgeon 'horrified' by gagged worker photo
- 18:14 Everton next manager odds: Who will replace Sam Allardyce at...
- 18:09 Fab Harrogate leads way on plastic waste battle
- 18:09 London dig unearths Roman bones, jewels and single flake of gold
- 18:08 Team of Horncastle students impress judges in national competition
- 18:08 Arsenal icon Martin Keown urges Unai Emery to sign PSG star – and...
- 18:07 Callous burglar brought to justice for stealing Doncaster woman's...
- 18:07 VIDEO: Warwick Hospital's Birth and Babies Appeal calling for...
- 18:05 Manchester United hopeful of quick-fire Toby Alderweireld deal...
- 18:05 Champions League final: Nine men who have played for both Liverpool...
- 18:05 Drink driver ploughed into two cars in Mansfield
- 18:04 Fab Harrogate leads way on plastic waste battle
- 18:04 A life-saving gift from the Harrogate Lions to our town's high schools
- 18:03 Four appear in court over alleged attempted murder of man
- 18:03 Tory MP Andrea Jenkyns quits government role 'to fight for Brexit'