Kaliningrad: New Russian missile deployment angers Nato
Nato has accused Russia of "aggressive military posturing" following reports that it has deployed anti-ship missiles in its westernmost Baltic region.
Russia's Interfax news agency said on Monday that Bastion missile-launchers had been sent to Kaliningrad.
In a statement to the Associated Press, Nato said the move "does not help to lower tensions or restore predictability to our relations".
The Kremlin has accused Nato of stoking tensions by expanding eastwards.
Kaliningrad is a Russian exclave sandwiched between Poland and Lithuania.
Baltic warning over Russian move on... read more
- 10:19 Guardian recommends....things to do this week
- 10:19 One lane closed on M6 Northbound between junctions 27 and 28
- 10:18 Chelsea Christmas gifts perfect for Blues fans in 2016
- 10:18 SE Asia Stocks-Sluggish on lack of catalysts; Thailand gains on...
- 10:17 Keaton Jennings insists he feels 'very comfortable and very...
- 10:17 Do YOU trim your pubic hair? Then you're 80% more likely to have an...
- 10:17 Can an electricity-blasting gadget really beat your insomnia? From...
- 10:17 Tired drivers are four times the crash risk: Sleeping for only four...
- 10:17 So much for rise of the machines: Starship drone inventor is hiring...
- 10:17 Criminals are in for a shock as police are poised to get more...
- 10:17 Move over Tatooine: Incredible video shows THREE SUNS appear over...
- 10:17 X-Factor star Honey G to play live show in Sheffield tonight
- 10:17 The 'Shazam for faces': World's first facial recognition for...
- 10:17 PICTURES: Olaf greets visitors to the Lowedges Christmas market
- 10:17 British teenagers lag behind world's best in maths and reading tests
- 10:16 MOBO award winner to compose RSC score
- 10:15 FCA tightens rules for spread betting products
- 10:15 Pisa tests: Singapore top in global education rankings
- 10:15 Kiosks for clubbers to test quality of party drugs “could save lives”
- 10:15 Morecambe Arndale Centre’s Argos store to close
- 10:15 David Eatock: It was a part of my life I wanted to forget – I’d...
- 10:15 Inquest to take place after Barrow car park plunge
- 10:15 GLIDER TRAGEDY UPDATE: Eye witness says glider fell to the ground...
- 10:14 The five Premier League stars who scored the highest percentage of...
- 10:14 Dutch defender is wanted: Arsenal will locks horn with Man United...
- 10:13 Woman seen running from scene after attempted Knaresborough burglary
- 10:14 Arsenal star: Why beating Man United was a career highlight
- 10:13 Aldi to recruit dozens more staff across area
- 10:13 WATCH: Song for Christmas - Elland C of E Junior and Infant School
- 10:13 Police probe suspected arson attack in South Shields