Just one week to go until Barrow dementia project launches
The newly formed Barrow Dementia Action Alliance are setting out their vision for the area at The Forum in Duke Street on Friday October 7 in a massive launch event for members of the public.
RELATED ARTICLE: Campaign to get every person and business in Barrow dementia aware to launch
The scheme hopes to transform people's attitude towards dementia, help more understand what it is and show how friends and family can support a person.
The free drop-in event gets under way from 11am, with activities, stands and workshops all planned. All welcome
There will be an opportunity for people to ask... read more
- 09:50 Barrow bell tower benefits from £3000 grant for restoration work
- 09:49 Determined Claverdon get back on track
- 09:49 End of an era at Bert McCormick's Ballyclare music shop
- 09:47 UK’s Brexit plans are based on pure illusion, warns Donald Tusk
- 09:47 Dua Lipa reveals her music is inspired by ‘terrible’ ex boyfriends
- 09:47 Wanted man caught in Preston after 'rooftop stand-off'
- 09:46 ‘Even if I can’t feed myself, I at least get up and feed them’: How...
- 09:46 Shoppers in Leamington and Warwick encouraged to support ‘Fairtrade...
- 09:46 USA topple Sweden to cap fairytale run with first ever Olympic...
- 09:45 Keeper urges Boro not to underestimate Sunderland as Teessiders eye...
- 09:45 Manchester United cannot play well with Alexis Sanchez in their...
- 09:45 Pair charged over young brothers' road deaths in Coventry
- 09:44 Two charged over Coventry hit-and-run crash which killed brothers...
- 09:42 BBC presenter’s book focuses on Easton Walled Gardens
- 09:41 Taxi driver caught using Costa Coffee cup lid as fuel cap
- 09:40 Man Utd v Chelsea: Former Premier League star makes big prediction...
- 09:38 Manchester City’s Oleksandr Zinchenko: ‘I trained on the streets of...
- 09:38 Children’s charity admits six cases of sexual abuse and...
- 09:37 Wigan man had vile child abuse images on his computer
- 09:36 Dave Seddon’s PNE pressview: The rise of Alan Browne
- 09:36 Winter Olympics 2018: Billy Morgan makes ‘HORRIBLE’ claim after...
- 09:36 Winter Olympics: Ester Ledecka wins two gold medals in DIFFERENT...
- 09:34 Report shows UK has an ‘unhealthy’ relationship with alcohol
- 09:33 Sinkhole of 'unknown depth' opens ups on Dallamires Lane, Ripon
- 09:32 South Tyneside garden waste collections start next month
- 09:32 Trust received funding boost from council
- 09:32 Get ready to be entertained as Customs House announces new shows
- 09:32 Sponsored walk to raise cash for Charlie Cookson Fund
- 09:32 New delays mean pedestrian Tyne Tunnel will be THREE YEARS late in...
- 09:32 Sunderland and South Tyneside health chiefs look to recruit 100...