Jury returns accidental death verdict after Ulverston man choked on burger in Barrow pub
Kenneth Davidson, 48, of Victoria Road, Ulverston, died at Furness General Hospital on April 14 after suffering a cardiac arrest following a choking episode at the Crofters pub in Barrow two days earlier.
RELATED ARTICLE: Man died after choking on burger at Barrow pub
The 48-year-old, who had autism and learning disabilities, had gone out for a meal at the Holbeck Park Avenue pub when he got into trouble.
The jury today returned its verdict of accidental death on the second day of Mr Davidson's inquest, which took place at Cleator Moor Civic Hall.
On Monday, the jury was told that Mr... read more
- 20:42 Numbers and napkins: The Granita deal
- 20:42 Chelsea News: Major agreement reached claim, Arnautovic latest, La...
- 20:42 Last ball agony for Lancashire CCC
- 20:41 Crowds flock to 1940s-themed wartime event on East Lancashire Railway
- 20:39 Dad-of-one second person who died after falling ill at Mutiny Festival
- 20:32 Danica Patrick's trail-blazing racing career ends with crash at...
- 20:32 Mohamed Salah sends message to Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho
- 20:29 Person in critical condition as 15 people hospitalised after Mutiny...
- 20:22 Passengers and crew evacuated from Windermere car ferry after fire
- 20:16 Canova Bust of Peace on sale in first public outing in 200 years
- 20:11 Mohamed Salah injury: Liverpool team-mate aims sly dig at ‘clever’...
- 20:09 Person in critical condition as 15 people hospitalised after Mutiny...
- 20:08 Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba tells Mino Raiola to start...
- 20:03 Air ambulance lands on carriageway after after car overturns on...
- 20:02 Former US President George HW Bush hospitalised for low blood...
- 20:00 VIDEO: Stranded porpoise rescued from Morecambe Bay beach
- 19:51 Cinque Terre: on the trail of Italy's famous five
- 19:44 Italy PM-designate Conte gives up bid for government
- 19:42 Saints centre Francis earns praise from England boss Jones
- 19:42 Damage caused as burglars target Bijou nightclub in Bingley
- 19:42 Northants suffer narrow defeat against Durham
- 19:42 Northants skipper Wakely: We have it all to do
- 19:42 Jessie Harrington aims Irish 1,000 Guineas victor Alpha Centauri at...
- 19:40 Liverpool stars SLAMMED by Paul Scholes for crying in Real Madrid...
- 19:40 Loris Karius: Police probe death threats aimed at Liverpool star...
- 19:33 Former president George HW Bush admitted to hospital in Maine
- 19:33 Italy's PM-designate Giuseppe Conte fails to form populist government
- 19:32 Air ambulance lands on carriageway after after car overturns on...
- 19:30 Chris Ashton hat-trick makes forceful point in Barbarians defeat of...
- 19:29 Woman's body removed from Hartlepool shop