Jury out for second day in waiter murder trial
Jurors in the trial of a man accused of murdering waiter Surjit Singh Chhokar almost 18 years ago are considering their verdict for a second day.
Ronnie Coulter, 48, is accused of killing Mr Chhokar in Wishaw, North Lanarkshire, on November 4 1998 and has been on trial at the High Court in Glasgow for the past four weeks.
The court has heard Coulter was on trial for the second time after previously being acquitted of the murder in 1999.
He denies the charge and the jury are continuing their deliberations for a second day after judge Lord Matthews finished giving them his legal directions on... read more
- 00:22 ‘Relaxed mowing’ of Leeds parks could save the public purse...
- 00:21 Nigel Farage lands role as political commentator on Fox News during...
- 00:21 Nigel Farage 'to become close unofficial ADVISER’ to President...
- 00:21 WARNING: Dangerous second-hand tyres 'putting lives of drivers AT...
- 00:16 Picture This
- 00:16 Poetry
- 00:16 Bright future beckons for this Solo effort
- 00:16 Owner puts relegation battle down to his illness
- 00:16 Cricket: Broken hand forces Hales to miss rest of Tour
- 00:16 Jones: Lack of leaders could cost England the World Cup
- 00:16 Mike Ambrose: A lovely man and an inspiring journalist
- 00:17 Murder probe after university student dies in attack near...
- 00:16 The stark choices faced by Ecuadorians
- 00:17 Drivers' lives at risk due to dangerous second-hand tyres,...
- 00:16 The just cause of fairer political representation
- 00:17 PM's post-Brexit strategy includes energy storage and battery...
- 00:16 Threadbare nationalism
- 00:16 Syria: Isis destroys more ancient monuments in Palmyra
- 00:16 Brazil: Judge’s death investigated
- 00:17 Personal data being shared on huge scale, claims Which?
- 00:17 Bastia 1-1 Nice: Mario Balotelli kept quiet on his return as away...
- 00:16 Protests mark Trump’s first day as US president
- 00:17 Sir Michael Fallon vows the US will remain UK's closest...
- 00:17 Paul Clement believes Daniel Sturridge can cope with Jurgen Klopp's...
- 00:16 Ex-doctor is Labour choice for Copeland
- 00:17 Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola claims B teams are 'the...
- 00:16 Corbyn: Cuts would dog independence
- 00:16 Police Taser Own Racism Adviser
- 00:13 Second-hand tyres put lives at risk, councils warn
- 00:12 Boris Johnson urges unseated Gambian president Yahya Jammeh to...