Jurgen Klopp's merry hell over Christmas fixtures
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has voiced his frustration at changes to the fixture schedule which he believes have put unnecessary demands on his side.
The German may have been named September's manager of the month but his mood changed quickly after learning of his side's fixture changes over the Christmas period. The home match against Manchester City has been moved back to a 5.30pm kick-off on New Year's Eve ahead of a trip to Sunderland at 3pm on January 2, leaving them less than 48 hours between the two.
"Now I have seen the fixtures and I am not too happy," said Klopp.... read more
- 17:35 Thugs on motorbike snatch gold necklaces from woman in Belgrave,...
- 17:34 Northern rail timetable shake up affects commuters across the county
- 17:33 'We need a £100m bailout': Campaigners send a message to...
- 17:33 Eden Hazard drops major hint he’s set to stay at Chelsea amid...
- 17:32 Coffee morning will raise funds for church in Dunstall
- 17:31 New Kenilworth mayor chosen at ceremony
- 17:31 Man wanted after failing to appear at Leamington court
- 17:30 'Game changing' Cumbrian bobby recognised for diversity achievements
- 17:29 Well Versed Irish government Minister Unveils Monument to Victims...
- 17:29 Film round-up Sense of realism rewarded at Cannes film festival
- 17:29 Theatre review Thorny issues of sex and sentience
- 17:29 Book review Iron in the soul of a great working-class novel
- 17:29 A fox has been rescued after getting her head stuck in a watering can
- 17:29 Newborn baby becomes fifth generation of girls born into her family
- 17:28 Manuel Pellegrini set to confirmed as West Ham’s new manager
- 17:27 The Golden Years: Why Yorkshire is the best place to enjoy retirement
- 17:27 How much did Meghan Markle's dress cost? Run down of the Royal...
- 17:27 The best and worst dressed celebrity Royal Wedding guests
- 17:25 Neston pair charged with weapons offences following reported fight
- 17:25 'It's been 50 years - now sort out our Doncaster village's old slag...
- 17:25 The Golden Years: Why Yorkshire is the best place to enjoy retirement
- 17:24 'It's been 50 years - now sort out our Doncaster village's old slag...
- 17:24 Barrow charity boss scoops invite to Royal Wedding
- 17:24 Preventable diseases are still killing animals
- 17:24 Fire crew called to gorse fire
- 17:24 Cumbrian Challenge raises more than £1million for ex-servicemen and...
- 17:24 Cumbria's best apprentice urges the community to nominate dedicated...
- 17:24 Police officer recognised for diversity work in Cumbria
- 17:23 Popular DNA website helps cops nail ‘killer’ suspected of murdering...
- 17:23 Venezuela: Maduro hails election win but world leaders threaten...