Jurgen Klopp's merry hell over Christmas fixtures
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has voiced his frustration at changes to the fixture schedule which he believes have put unnecessary demands on his side.
The German may have been named September's manager of the month but his mood changed quickly after learning of his side's fixture changes over the Christmas period. The home match against Manchester City has been moved back to a 5.30pm kick-off on New Year's Eve ahead of a trip to Sunderland at 3pm on January 2, leaving them less than 48 hours between the two.
"Now I have seen the fixtures and I am not too happy," said Klopp.... read more
- 14:15 Date set for second inquest into suspicious death of Cumbrian baby
- 14:15 Chemo didn't stop Jo tackling challenge list
- 14:15 WATCH: Burton Albion vs Blackburn Rovers result predicted by...
- 14:14 Pictured: Diego Costa in Chelsea training ground ‘scrap’, David...
- 14:12 Arsenal FC lie in wait for former Lambs star Habergham
- 14:11 Jose Mourinho wants Casemiro at Manchester United
- 14:11 Pep Guardiola eyed Kylian Mbappe last summer - are Man City set to...
- 14:11 Manchester United legend Eric Cantona reveals his best ever team mate
- 14:10 Discover storybook characters at trail
- 14:10 ‘Radical’ new vision for Lancashire’s public sector
- 14:10 Global stocks near highs, dollar drifts after Fed see hike 'fairly...
- 14:10 Most popular Championship matches: Which teams attracted most TV...
- 14:09 Mercedes boss Toto Wolff: How Lewis Hamilton has reacted to the...
- 14:07 Massive tree smashes sheds and fences in Eyres Monsell
- 14:06 Burglar struggles with homeowner
- 14:06 All aboard the Second City Crossing
- 14:06 New planets that could host alien life discovered with help of...
- 14:05 UCLan team helps to find new planets
- 14:05 Police warn people to ‘stay off roads’ as Storm Doris hits
- 14:05 Numbness and tingling in the hands could be THIS common syndrome -...
- 14:05 UK inflation expectations steady for year ahead, rise further out
- 14:04 Pope suggests 'better to be atheist than hypocritical Catholic'
- 14:04 Warwickshire Police are appealing for information to a burglary
- 14:04 Storm Doris closes Runcorn expressway
- 14:04 Paris protests: Students tear-gassed by police
- 14:04 Shaun Walmsley escape: A nightmare scenario Merseyside Police could...
- 14:04 Inquest of Nigel and Linda Ordinans: Apology
- 14:04 Decision on council tax rise set for next week
- 14:04 District council rubber stamps budget
- 14:02 Mysterious radioactive cloud moves towards UK as plane which...