Junk food shortening lives of children worldwide, data shows
Junk food and sugary drinks are taking an enormous toll on children around the world, with soaring numbers who are obese and millions developing conditions such as type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure previously seen only in adults, data has revealed.
Children were facing crippling illnesses and shortened lives because of the spread of the heavily marketed fast-food culture, experts said, and health services around the world would struggle to cope. They predicted that the UN target to stop the rise of childhood obesity by 2025 would be missed.
Egypt's obesity battle: 'No one cares about... read more
- 06:11 VOTE: Help us decide on the best Christmas song of all time
- 06:11 Ban on junk food ads targeted at children
- 06:11 Supermarket recalls balti following allergy fears
- 06:11 New Northampton nightclub introduces ‘safe room’ for party-goers to...
- 06:06 VOTE: Help us decide on the best Christmas song of all time
- 06:06 Ban on junk food ads targeted at children
- 06:06 Supermarket recalls balti following allergy fears
- 06:06 Road rage thug gets to keep Vantage
- 06:06 A visit to Newcastle Cathedral
- 06:03 South Korea prosecutors charge two former senior Park officials -...
- 06:01 UFC 206: Holloway vs Pettis - All the action, reaction & results LIVE
- 05:47 Conflict over Russia is rocky start for Trump and intelligence...
- 05:42 South Korea says effect of impeachment vote on markets negligible -...
- 05:27 Huge blast rocks Mogadishu port area
- 05:27 Which current star from your club has made the most assists in...
- 05:26 Man with 6,000 child porn images on computer ends up in court
- 05:13 Syria conflict: Aleppo rebels 'stem army advance'
- 05:13 Taiwan says China air force conducts long-range drills
- 05:02 Thousands of runners to turn out for Santa Fun Run and Walk
- 05:02 Players appreciate Lincoln City fans' 'fantastic' support, says...
- 04:35 Dillian Whyte beats Brit boxer Dereck Chisora on Anthony Joshua v...
- 04:35 Anthony Joshua sets up Wladimir Klitschko showdown after beating...
- 04:34 LETTER: Brexit - ‘Sorry’ seems to be hardest word
- 04:16 India v England fourth Test day four LIVE: Virat Kohli moves past...
- 03:00 'Secure schools' pilot scheme for young offenders
- 03:00 Orgreave files 'to be made public' in first half of 2017
- 02:59 Serbian attitudes harden as migrants gather once again
- 02:52 At least 10 killed by collapse of church in southern Nigeria-resident
- 02:49 Bolivia's abandoned ski resort: A sign of droughts to come?
- 02:49 The Gambia's answer to Coco Chanel