Junk food shortening lives of children worldwide, data shows
Junk food and sugary drinks are taking an enormous toll on children around the world, with soaring numbers who are obese and millions developing conditions such as type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure previously seen only in adults, data has revealed.
Children were facing crippling illnesses and shortened lives because of the spread of the heavily marketed fast-food culture, experts said, and health services around the world would struggle to cope. They predicted that the UN target to stop the rise of childhood obesity by 2025 would be missed.
Egypt's obesity battle: 'No one cares about... read more
- 16:09 Tattoo Fixers TV show wants people from Coventry for new series
- 16:09 How parents can apply for 30 hours of FREE childcare right NOW
- 16:09 What to do if you suspect your neighbours are growing cannabis
- 16:09 Teen victim of viral bullying video is having BOXING LESSONS to...
- 16:09 Police in Whitehall arrest man armed with knives over suspected...
- 16:08 Lorna’s a knock-out Masterchef
- 16:08 Driver caught doing almost 100mph on A55...with five-year-old not...
- 16:08 Byfield Scouts put survival skills to test
- 16:07 University of Chester chefs win big at national skills competition
- 16:07 Northern Rail RMT strike will cut the number of trains out of...
- 16:07 Communities across Scotland mark International Workers’ Memorial Day
- 16:07 WATCH footage of two women police want to talk to in connection...
- 16:07 Pharmacy opening times for the May bank holidays in Burton,...
- 16:06 Bowland Explorer will connect rural communities
- 16:06 UK mobile network performance best in Belfast area
- 16:06 Hackers used Microsoft Word bug 'for months'
- 16:06 Joey Barton ban is harsh, Eric Cantona got less - Burnley boss Sean...
- 16:06 Alvaro Morata considers Juventus return amid Chelsea’s interest
- 16:06 Manchester United’s Paul Pogba is overrated and lucky to have a...
- 16:06 Trampoline park rejected on health and safety grounds - but it's...
- 16:05 Mum writes to school and says daughter is ‘done’ with homework
- 16:05 Young people in Hartlepool appealing for unwanted bikes
- 16:05 Couple charged in connection with theft of more than £60,000
- 16:05 Well-wishers send their love to brave Bradley Lowery
- 16:04 Doctor Who season 10: Director reveals THIS scene was deleted from...
- 16:04 'End the injustice!'- Plea by Venezuelan official's son stirs nation
- 16:04 Mansfield runner’s London Marathon journey
- 16:04 Passionate Match.com date ended with plate smashing in Mansfield
- 16:04 Why has Liverpool Council put a non-disclosure clause into all...
- 16:04 Kids at birthday party evacuated from laser tag after suspected...