Junior Football: Gartcairn fightback not enough after second-half calamity
GERRY BONHAM admits a calamitous second half proved costly for Gartcairn at MTC Park last Saturday.
The Airdrie men lost 4-2 to Glasgow Perthshire in their fifth Central District Second Division match of the season.
Gartcairn fought back from 2-0 down thanks to Gary Millar’s screamer and an own goal.
However, an injury to keeper Bryn Halliwell was the catalyst for a crazy end to the game which saw centre-back Ryan Kennedy go between the sticks, Perthshire score twice and sub Martin Harty sent-off.
When the dust settled, Bonham admitted he was proud of his team’s efforts – and knew... read more
- 09:33 Former Stratford man had child rape video on his phone
- 09:32 Suspended sentence for Worksop man caught with child porn
- 09:33 Shaw Hill Golf Club lady captain Hilary's £16,000 charity donation
- 09:32 Car blaze spread to nearby property
- 09:32 Football Shirt Friday: England and West Ham legend Bobby Moore...
- 09:32 Grosvenor Bridge accident causing delays heading into Chester
- 09:32 Arsene Wenger: Arsenal scouted this Tottenham star
- 09:32 World Cup hero Bobby Moore honoured in bizarre fashion
- 09:32 Tour de Yorkshire: Pointing the way as tour comes to town
- 09:31 Liverpool boy found safe as hunt for another missing teenager...
- 09:30 Carlo Ancelotti's Bayern Munich future is not up for discussion...
- 09:30 AC Milan go 'all out' for Cesc Fabregas as Italians look to...
- 09:30 Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko fight build-up and weigh-in...
- 09:31 RSPCA slam cruel air rifle user who shot pet cat in Earlsdon
- 09:30 Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko betting guide: Don't believe...
- 09:30 Wladimir Klitschko's fiancee: Glamorous celeb Hayden Panettiere is...
- 09:30 Afghan Taliban announce spring offensive
- 09:29 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: Jose Mourinho is wrong about this
- 09:28 From the Scottish Highlands to Mount Snowdon: The most picturesque...
- 09:28 Manchester United to launch £38m raid on long-term target
- 09:28 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger convinced Gunners can finish in top three
- 09:26 Royal Bank of Scotland shares climb after the troubled...
- 09:26 Barclays doubles its profits but £884m dent in Africa triggers a...
- 09:25 North Korean crisis ‘is worst I’ve ever seen’ says top Navy officer
- 09:25 West Cumbrian man jailed for more than seven years for stabbing
- 09:24 'Fully-loaded' Kodi boxes illegal, EU court rules
- 09:23 BHP gets approval to raise iron ore exports from Australian port
- 09:23 India: Kashmir social media ban criticised
- 09:23 Manchester City Player Ratings: Yaya Toure shines, Claudio Bravo...
- 09:23 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger provides double injury update ahead of...