Junior doctors' training under threat, says GMC
Junior doctors in the UK fear they are missing out on crucial training because of increasing workloads, a report by the General Medical Council suggests.
In its survey of more than 50,000 junior doctors, 43% said their daytime workload was "heavy" or "very heavy".
The GMC says time allocated for training must be protected so junior doctors can gain the experience and skills they need for their development.
Health ministers say improving support for training is a priority.
In the survey, many of the doctors training to be consultants and senior GPs said they frequently... read more
- 15:07 Children brave chop to help young people with cancer
- 15:07 Storm Doris to bring 80mph winds and heavy rain
- 15:06 Digger Festival organisers and artists celebrate George Orwell
- 15:06 Nissan says Brexit-induced fall in pound left it slightly worse off
- 15:06 New BBC Scotland channel a “shift in the right direction”
- 15:06 India's Snapdeal to cut 600 staff, founders forego salary
- 15:06 VIDEO: Bumpy landings for planes at Yorkshire airport as Storm...
- 15:05 Ayrshire boxing legend Alec Mullen backs Irvine ace Ryan Collins to...
- 15:05 Crime scene investigation officers in West Cumbrian town centre
- 15:04 South Sudanese exiles fear kidnap after activists disappear in Kenya
- 15:04 Eden Hazard: Why Chelsea have been so good at Stamford Bridge this...
- 15:04 Manchester United take advantage of bizarre 'loophole' ahead of...
- 15:04 Man 'gutted' in knife attack after refusing to give cash to beggars
- 15:03 NOSTALGIA: Old pictures of Chesterfield Co-op
- 15:03 Storm Doris to bring 80mph winds and heavy rain
- 15:02 Traffic lights review before upgrade works began would have put...
- 15:02 New cafe bar to bring back to life disused bank building
- 15:02 Double penalty points for drivers caught using mobile phone
- 15:02 Sheffield resident heard "shouting and loud voices" moments before...
- 15:02 Northern Powerhouse Minister to speak at major conference on how...
- 15:01 Wall Street slips on weak oil prices; Fed minutes in focus
- 15:01 Iran sends delegation to Saudi for talks on rejoining haj
- 15:01 Germany's 'man of the streets' Schulz plots path to defeat Merkel
- 15:00 Calthorpe Estates expands senior team
- 15:00 More than 160 floral tributes left at scene where Sheffield man was...
- 14:59 Hairdressers are being reminded about TV licensing
- 14:59 Uzbek journalist Muhammad Bekjanov freed after 18 years
- 14:58 Jo Cox’s husband calls for ‘massive party to show our unity’
- 14:58 AMBER WARNING: Storm Doris set to batter Lancashire with winds of...
- 14:58 Rare white mole found near Carnforth