Junior doctors fail in high court challenge of new contract's legality
Junior doctors have lost a judicial review challenging the legality of a controversial new contract, which is now set to be imposed on them by Jeremy Hunt next week.
In a judgment published on Wednesday, Mr Justice Green rejected arguments presented at the high court by five junior doctors that the health secretary had exceeded his powers.
A Department of Health spokeswoman said: “We welcome this clear decision by the judge that the secretary of state acted entirely lawfully. We must now move on from this dispute to the crucial job of making sure patients get the same high standards of... read more
- 14:43 Scumbag gives thumbs up to camera after beating his dog in a lift
- 14:43 Police want to trace this man after Soho bar attack
- 14:43 Thugs who attacked Birmingham City fan pub The Roost 'came back for...
- 14:42 Jayne Dawson: First they took Bake Off... now it’s the Sewing Bee
- 14:42 Plans to stop comebacks by fire brigade ‘boomerang bosses’
- 14:42 Primark pulls “shocking” and “racist” Walking Dead t-shirt from...
- 14:42 Yorkshire attractions voted among England’s best-loved places to visit
- 14:42 Heart of Wetherby Cinema to be preserved as new owners take over
- 14:41 This is the real reason Alexis Sanchez played against Sutton - club...
- 14:41 Alan Shearer's former team mate facing FA probe for pie-eating...
- 14:40 Could Donald Trump be coming to Merseyside this summer for the Open...
- 14:40 Get your cat neutered for a fiver on World Spay Day 2017
- 14:40 Weedon’s historic Depot wins Lottery support
- 14:40 Janet Street-Porter gets MARRIED live on Loose Women...and you'll...
- 14:39 Three Valleys ski break: 6 things you should do (apart from just...
- 14:39 Man arrested in Telford Shopping Centre on suspicion of making...
- 14:39 Further arrests made in connection with death of Jonny Binns...
- 14:39 Bridgnorth car park rape investigation launched
- 14:39 Nine arrests over death of dad outside pub
- 14:38 US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St hits record highs on strong retail results
- 14:38 Hillfields pimp trial: Jury retires to consider verdicts
- 14:38 The horrific moment a three-year-old boy broke his skull after...
- 14:38 New theory put forward about what really happened to Madeleine McCann
- 14:37 Verizon and Yahoo agree $350m price cut
- 14:37 Porsha the Python is still on the loose in Anfield
- 14:36 Lane blocked on M62 after three-car crash
- 14:36 Real Madrid ace determined to leave: Chelsea and Man United keen
- 14:36 Piers Morgan: This player has agreed move to Arsenal
- 14:36 Major update over Tammy Abraham's future: Boss speaks out about...
- 14:35 Neighbours Spoilers: Sonya is on to Dee as Nell gives imposter away