Junior doctors' contract is 'damaged goods' and should be discarded, says medic
The contract at the centre of the bitter dispute between junior doctors and the Government should be torn up, a leading medic has said.
Neena Modi, professor of neonatal medicine and president of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, said the staffing contract is "damaged goods".
In an editorial published in The British Medical Journal, Prof Modi said the deal should be "discarded and replaced with one drawn on a clean sheet".
Prod Modi said that there has been a "total breakdown of trust" between the Government and training medics.
And one way to... read more
- 19:29 How close do YOU live to a NUKE? Every nuclear bomb location in the...
- 19:27 Trump packs trade team with veterans of steel wars with China
- 19:24 Conmen sold set-top boxes allowing illegal streaming of 3pm Premier...
- 19:23 French court cancels Kazakh tycoon Ablyazov's extradition to Russia
- 19:22 Liverpool former stars reunite as Dirk Kuyt, Martin Skrtel and Brad...
- 19:19 Amble firm mentioned in Parliament
- 19:19 Water restored to 16,000 homes across Boston and Sleaford
- 19:18 Iraq says it destroys Mosul car bomb factories
- 19:18 Syrian government forces press attack in east Aleppo
- 19:18 Teenager who loved comic books given superhero send-off at funeral
- 19:15 Arsenal transfer target Julian Draxler dropped by Wolfsburg, exit...
- 19:14 Badminton loses £5.9m funding for Tokyo 2020 as UK Sport announces...
- 19:14 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte warns his players: We'll be in trouble...
- 19:14 Football fans face disruption as UEFA announce plans for 6pm...
- 19:13 Watch the moment Nottingham driver is caught up in M1 'road duel'...
- 19:12 Russia, Ukraine edge closer to gas accord at EU-brokered talks
- 19:11 Sky agrees to £18billion takeover deal by 21st Century Fox
- 19:11 If you hear applause in 19th minute of Leicester City v Manchester...
- 19:11 Trump to name Goldman executive to key economic post: reports
- 19:11 Bomb kills civilian, injures three police in northern Egypt -...
- 19:11 Negligence trial in France casts shadow over IMF's Lagarde
- 19:09 Jose Mourinho: Why I'm not worried about points gap between Man...
- 19:09 Why this property developer saw double at Derby auction
- 19:09 What would you do if you won £1 million? Here's what one...
- 19:04 Alexis Sanchez will only sign deal if Arsene Wenger leaves – report
- 19:01 Grantham Journal letter: Think of the patients first
- 19:01 Italian decree to support banking system is ready - government sources
- 19:00 Diego Costa’s creativity behind Chelsea star’s Player of the Month win
- 18:59 U.N. council meets on North Korea human rights despite China...
- 18:59 Turkish court dismisses case over 2010 Israeli flotilla raid - lawyer