Junior doctors await court decision over contract
Junior doctors are waiting to hear whether England's High Court will agree to stop the government imposing a new contract.
The group Justice for Health says it mounted the legal challenge because the contract is "unsafe and unsustainable".
The Department of Health says the case is without merit.
Ministers insist the new contract is needed to improve levels of medical cover in hospitals at weekends so that the NHS can deliver seven-day services.
The dispute over the contract, which is due to be rolled out from October, has already led to thousands of hospital operations and... read more
- 15:11 Virgil van Dijk is not for sale: Southampton chief hands Chelsea...
- 15:11 First steps being taken to tackle teen travel charges
- 15:11 Armed Forces Day in Berwick
- 15:11 UPDATE 1-Delivery Hero on track to raise 1 bln euros with listing
- 15:09 Lucky escape for M1 driver after metal object comes through windscreen
- 15:09 Why Hillsborough police chief David Duckenfield was charged with 95...
- 15:09 No final Grenfell death toll 'this year'
- 15:09 Delivery Hero on track to raise 1 billion euros with listing
- 15:06 Long Itchington man jailed after sexually assaulting 14-year-old girl
- 15:06 Cash stolen after ram raid at Wellesbourne premises
- 15:06 Warwick man is using extra leave time to cross off ‘bucket list’...
- 15:06 Manchester United's pursuit of Real Madrid star Alvaro Morata...
- 15:05 David James Kingsbury died from single stab to heart, murder jury...
- 15:05 New boutique club Soiree Lounge to open in Birmingham
- 15:05 Festival party time with Rusty and Steve
- 15:04 Primark is releasing a new Disney range that is sending fans WILD
- 15:03 Euro falls as central bank says Mario Draghi's upbeat economy...
- 15:03 David Wilson murder trial: Accused acted like 'petulant child' on...
- 15:03 Sterling surges to three-week high, FTSE falls on Carney rate hike...
- 15:03 Golden day brings school memories flooding back
- 15:03 North Korea calls for execution of ex-South Korea leader over...
- 15:03 Extra security in place for South Shields summer concerts
- 15:02 India's largest container port disrupted by global cyber attack
- 15:01 Thomas Lemar to Arsenal: How Gunners might look with Monaco ace
- 15:01 $esc.html($content.name)
- 15:01 Hillsborough disaster: Timeline of events as David Duckenfield...
- 15:01 Celtic’s 10 punishments in six years from UEFA proves certain...
- 15:00 Korean nuclear firm to be 'long-term partner' in Moorside power...
- 15:00 More roadworks in store, so here's our guide for getting home tonight
- 15:00 ISIS used spies to root out traitors – wives of Tunisian fighters...