Jumping spiders have real spidey sense! Arachnids can ‘hear’ you moving from across a room
With their fearsome fangs and rippling legs, spiders strike fear into the hearts of many.
Now there’s a new reason for arachnophobes to worry – jumping spiders can hear sounds over much greater distances than previously thought.
Researchers say the finding offers a new perspective on the auditory world of spiders and that they have a ‘spidey sense’ like comic book hero, Spiderman.
A REAL LIFE SPIDEY SENSE Dr Shamble and Gil Menda of Cornell said that the new findings change scientists' view on the world that spiders live in.
Dr Menda said: ‘In the movies, Spider-Man has this strange,... read more
- 16:06 Chapecoense fans turn out to watch training as they get a first...
- 16:06 Ashfield’s Community hub set to open
- 16:05 Aston Villa plot move for Premier League striker after missing out...
- 16:05 Red Bull boss speaks out on Valtteri Bottas to Mercedes: This is...
- 16:05 U.N. rights expert criticises Myanmar over Rohingya crackdown
- 16:05 Islamic State car bomb kills five Turkish soldiers near Syria's...
- 16:05 BlackRock says hired former Chancellor of the Exchequer Osborne as...
- 16:05 Investigation into New Year’s Day sexual assault ongoing
- 16:05 Gwynedd lorry crash forces restaurant to close
- 16:05 BT price hike for all broadband and TV users
- 16:04 Man dies after leaving Job Centre despite being found ‘fit to work’
- 16:04 Flood barrier ‘needs to be in place as soon as possible’ says leader
- 16:04 Kiran Daudia: Man accused of murdering ex-wife and dumping her body...
- 16:03 Carlisle carer stole cash from disabled woman she said was a friend
- 16:03 NORTH WEST ROADWORKS: 23-29 January 2017
- 16:01 Residents in Clifton Village call for action over "eyesore" Old...
- 16:01 Marseille table new £26m bid for Dimitri Payet: West Ham to make...
- 16:01 NORTH WEST ROADWORKS: 23-29 January 2017
- 16:01 Osborne to join BlackRock as adviser
- 16:01 Search for man’s next of kin
- 15:59 Labour hopes English nationalism will win them the West Midlands...
- 15:59 How much you could lose if the property market crashes in 2017
- 15:59 LA club experience inspired composer's disco-style piece
- 15:59 Violent protests erupt as Donald Trump sworn in as 45th president...
- 15:59 When is the spring half term? All the key school dates for 2017
- 15:59 Driver failed to stop at crash
- 15:59 Think twice before using your toothbrush... it's covered in...
- 15:59 Chatsworth wedding fair this weekend
- 15:58 U.S. bankers tell Europeans to think positively on Trump
- 15:56 Can YOU solve the maths problem baffling the internet? Man enrages...