Judge to rule on NHS contract row between junior doctors and Jeremy Hunt
A High Court judge is preparing to deliver a ruling on a staffing contract row between junior doctors and Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt.
Junior doctors have complained that Mr Hunt wrongly imposed the contract on NHS employers.
Justice for Health, a group founded by five junior doctors, says Mr Hunt acted beyond the scope of his powers by compelling NHS employers to adopt the new contract.
Mr Hunt says the complaint is without substance and should be dismissed.
Mr Justice Green, who analysed evidence at a High Court hearing in London last week, is scheduled to deliver a ruling on Wednesday.... read more
- 00:49 How a tiny tick bite left rugby hero needing heart surgery: After...
- 00:40 PSG attempting to land Kylian Mbappe on loan from Monaco due to...
- 00:38 One dead and at least seven missing after earthquake strikes...
- 00:37 Nicola Sturgeon and Carwyn Jones hold Brexit talks
- 00:37 Scottish leg of Queen's Commonwealth baton relay due to start
- 00:37 Pound coin gag scoops best Edinburgh Fringe joke award
- 00:37 Brexit: UK seeks 'close co-operation' on legal disputes deal
- 00:34 Edinburgh Fringe: THIS has been named as the funniest joke of the...
- 00:32 Angola to vote to replace long-serving President Dos Santos
- 00:31 EastEnders spoilers: Jay Mitchell gets a surprise visitor after...
- 00:31 EastEnders spoilers: Shock return for killer child Bobby Beale?
- 00:30 AIs that learn from photos become SEXIST and associate women with...
- 00:30 Chimpanzees AND humans spontaneously copy others to pass on new...
- 00:27 The Battle of Hill 70: Canada's forgotten World War One victory
- 00:24 'Always nice to see a few familiar faces': Wayne Rooney taunts...
- 00:22 U-turn over water changes in west Cumbria
- 00:21 Coutinho: If Liverpool signed Keita, Van Dijk and Salah they...
- 00:20 Great Wall of China revs up bid for Fiat Chrysler
- 00:19 PSG close to Kylian Mbappe agreement and in Fabinho talks: Duo to...
- 00:14 Crystal Palace make £15m move for Spurs' defender Kevin Wimmer...
- 00:14 Shock as Burger Chain Kicks Deaf Man Out
- 00:14 Eleanor Rigby's grave goes up for auction
- 00:14 'Stop the fags' poster appears in Melbourne
- 00:14 Are Turkey’s schools dropping evolution and teaching jihad?
- 00:13 Thomas Lemar to Arsenal: Monaco consider selling star before...
- 00:11 'We should give back art looted by the Nazis'
- 00:11 Ford announces £2,000 scrappage scheme for pre-2010 cars
- 00:10 Supplement warning: Not enough of THIS vitamin past age of 60 risks...
- 00:10 Arthritis diet: The SIX foods to avoid if you suffer painful symptoms
- 00:10 Babies born to obese mothers at 'higher risk of asthma'