Judge to rule on NHS contract row between Jeremy Hunt and junior doctors
A High Court judge is preparing to deliver a ruling on a staffing contract row between Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt and junior doctors.
Junior doctors have complained that Mr Hunt wrongly imposed the contract on NHS employers.
Justice for Health, a group founded by five junior doctors, says Mr Hunt acted beyond the scope of his powers by compelling NHS employers to adopt the new contract.
Mr Hunt says the complaint is without substance and should be dismissed.
Mr Justice Green, who analysed evidence at a High Court hearing in London last week, is scheduled to deliver a ruling on Wednesday.... read more
- 18:51 Cumbrian criminal cases reviewed after potential data manipulation
- 18:50 Have there been two decades of failure to reform social care?
- 18:49 Anthony Joshua picks his hardest fight out of Tyson Fury, Deontay...
- 18:49 J Crew to close 39 stores after jacking up prices
- 18:49 Birmingham City duo join Mickleover Sports on loan deals
- 18:47 Arsenal news: Arsene Wenger will make major team selection change...
- 18:47 New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles backed for Super Bowl...
- 18:47 Arsenal news: Danny Welbeck problem is a real worry for Arsene...
- 18:47 Blue and white Arsenal kit disgusts fans against Cologne – 'What...
- 18:45 No joy for Thoresby’s festival refund
- 18:45 Video: Man lost his home and pension after falling for a £200,000...
- 18:45 Video: Apprentice contestant Elizabeth chases a goose to safety
- 18:46 UPDATED 6.30pm: A590 reopens but train problems persist
- 18:45 Mansfield and district crime report
- 18:46 Cumbrian criminal cases reviewed after potential data manipulation
- 18:45 Woman cut free after Kirkby car smash
- 18:45 The essential do’s and don’ts of Black Friday
- 18:45 Brighton can win at Old Trafford, claims Chris Hughton ahead of...
- 18:45 Man who strangled a woman to death in Sutton is sentenced
- 18:45 £295 court bill for £15 of cannabis in Mansfield
- 18:45 Notts child sexual abuse reports increase
- 18:45 Jail for banned driver who walked out of Mansfield court and drove off
- 18:45 Royal badge manufacturer secures £1.2 million of help to expand
- 18:45 The best Black Friday deals 2017
- 18:43 We've had the Ale Trail - this was the coffee trail
- 18:42 'She's more than just a sex toy': Man, 58, reveals he sleeps with a...
- 18:42 Europe’s oldest chimpanzee Blossom dies at the ripe old age of 62...
- 18:42 How cooking fish and chips can change the weather: Frying food...
- 18:42 Seven submissions to St Helens Council’s planning department
- 18:42 Figures show worrying increase in disabled youngsters seeking help...