Judge questions Airbnb stance on San Francisco rental law
A U.S. judge expressed skepticism toward a bid by Airbnb to halt a San Francisco law that imposes fines on home rental companies for processing bookings by hosts not registered with the city.
In its lawsuit against San Francisco, Airbnb said it was protected by the federal Communications Decency Act, and cannot be held responsible for ensuring hosts have complied with the city's rules. Airbnb has asked for a court injunction prohibiting the ordinance from taking effect.
At a hearing in San Francisco federal court on Thursday, however, U.S. District Judge James Donato said he was... read more
- 16:13 Can you help lonely with festive spirit?
- 16:12 Angry scenes after woman was punched over a seat on the TUBE
- 16:12 EU takes legal action against Germany, UK over VW scandal
- 16:11 The hidden dangers of Christmas Day everyone should know about
- 16:10 Anthony Joshua mocks Dereck Chisora's WWE-style behavior after he...
- 16:10 Barcelona president confirms Luis Suarez will be offered a new deal...
- 16:10 Everton boss Ronald Koeman admits club's need to strengthen in...
- 16:09 Police stress Operation Yeehaw sends "clear message" to Harrogate...
- 16:09 Sanchez to Chelsea? How the Arsenal star is already outperforming...
- 16:08 Pervert caught after asking ‘girl’, 13, to put hands in his boxers
- 16:08 Antonio Conte: I am really excited by this opportunity at Chelsea
- 16:08 Here’s what to do if you suspect someone is suffering from loneliness
- 16:08 Arsenal legend: This how Stoke will cause Gunners problems on Saturday
- 16:07 SPCA officers killed snake mistaken for green mamba in freezer
- 16:07 Cumbria police charge two with manslaughter
- 16:07 Power station plan could be 'damaging' to Lake District National...
- 16:07 Battle against junk food- will banning ads really work?
- 16:07 Barrow school gets community into the Christmas spirit
- 16:07 UK power capacity auction for 2020/21 clears in 20-25 pounds...
- 16:06 School lends a hand to Fr Christmas
- 16:05 The Great British Gin Take Off: Record-breaking year sees Britons...
- 16:05 Yields rise as ECB trims bond purchases; Wall Street steady
- 16:05 Manchester United's European tour: The Red Devils visit their 98th...
- 16:04 Nate Diaz: If Conor McGregor is taking 10 months off, so am I!
- 16:04 Union leader Mark Serwotka's heart transplant 'a success'
- 16:04 BREAKING NEWS: Toy shop arsonist, 15, sent to detention for 30 months
- 16:03 Why having high levels of a 'harmless' bacteria in your uterus...
- 16:03 Revealed: Time frame for demolition of Hull's former Western...
- 16:03 Driver's lucky escape after car overturns in Calvert Road, Hull
- 16:02 Minecraft blocks used to make virtual Atari 2600 console