Judge blasts gas meter rebel: ‘You are just being awkward’
A British Gas rebel who has racked up bills of £10,000 was described by a judge as “just being awkward” after he lost a 10-year meter row battle.
Former Royal Artillery gunner David Hughes, 58, has been locked in a war of letters, e mails and court hearings over access to his property.
The gas company wants to install a pre payment meter at his home on Annesley Avenue, Layton but Mr Hughes told District Judge Gary Garland sitting at Blackpool Magistrates Court: ”Forget that sort of meter, it does not suit the needs of a disabled person.
“I am registered blind and have hearing problems.... read more
- 21:12 Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- 21:07 Scales of Justice: Harassment, criminal damage and assault
- 21:05 Former Royal Navy seaman jailed for exposing himself to women on buses
- 21:05 Watch Facebook pervert get snared by Dark Justice as he turn up to...
- 21:04 Chester's Northgate Arena shows it has solar flare
- 21:04 Walton Centre is named one of the best hospitals in the country
- 21:00 Toddler rushed to hospital with fractured skull after falling down...
- 20:59 Trafford Centre shoppers love 'John at The Orient' so much they...
- 20:58 Mòd set for Inverness in 2020 as it draws to a close in Western Isles
- 20:57 Speculators lift U.S. dollar bets to highest since late January...
- 20:52 U.N. appoints Wonder Woman as honorary ambassador amid outcry
- 20:44 Peru's wealthy president mocked for complaining about salary
- 20:42 PayPal says some customers unable to make payments due to cyber...
- 20:42 Aldi shoppers are warned to avoid Facebook voucher scam which could...
- 20:42 Two-wheel drive: China tech giants bet on 'Uber for bikes' in hunt...
- 20:42 New York governor approves new regulations on Airbnb
- 20:35 New signing frustrated at Arsenal: I expected more of a starring role
- 20:33 Cheeky eBay user wants you to make him a millionaire - by buying...
- 20:28 Men bailed after dog found buried alive near Redcar with nail...
- 20:26 Invest in farmers to curb migration to urban slums, cities told
- 20:25 Clash over festive trees
- 20:25 Snapped: Liverpool star attempts to beef up as he looks to get back...
- 20:25 Four fire engines sent out to incident in Stone Lane, Chesterfield
- 20:24 Mexico missing students: Ex-police chief in Iguala arrested
- 20:22 Man United injury woes: Ace set for lengthy stint on the sidelines
- 20:22 Kyle Edmund defeats Andreas Seppi to clinch semi-final spot
- 20:21 PPG is bringing the colour back to the Batley and Birstall community
- 20:19 Liverpool star Roberto Firmino has new celebration planned for West...
- 20:17 Rangers v Celtic team news: Bhoys at full strength for cup tie,...
- 20:17 Government blocks proposal to automatically pardon men convicted of...