Journey begins on road and land overhaul to help 3,200 workers reach new jobs
Work has begun to pave way for thousands of new jobs which will bring with them an economic boost of half a billion bounds for the North East.
An expected 3,200 jobs will be generated by the plans in County Durham, with preparations under way by Durham County Council.
With £13 million funding from the Local Enterprise Partnership, the council is carrying out work to prepare the 52 hectare Forrest Park site in Newton Aycliffe.
This additional site will expand and even further develop Aycliffe Business Park - which lies adjacent to the Hitachi Rail site - already the largest business park in... read more
- 10:06 Wonderland review: A 'daring take on two literary classics'
- 10:06 WIN! Cirque du Soleil tickets
- 10:06 Opening date revealed for McDonald's in Matlock
- 10:06 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:05 Man City EDS sweating on Premier League Cup progress after draw vs...
- 10:05 Reading group: which Anthony Burgess book shall we read to mark his...
- 10:04 Broadchurch star Julie Hesmondhalgh blasts TV portrayal of sex attacks
- 10:04 Aston Villa: Steve Bruce's unwanted selection dilemma - predicted...
- 10:04 Birmingham City: This is why Leeds United boss Garry Monk won't be...
- 10:04 Jansen praises ‘colossal’ impact of striker Jack
- 10:04 Two-wheeled heroes call for volunteers
- 10:04 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:04 St Johnstone’s cancelled day off was positive not punishment
- 10:04 Nando’s lovers rejoice, there’s a new sauce in town and it’s hotter...
- 10:03 Dear Justine Greening, whatever happened to ‘eradicating illiteracy’?
- 10:03 South Shields FC owner hopes for new £10million ground
- 10:03 Parents warned about indecent images sent to children on apps and...
- 10:03 Malaysia says North Korean firms linked to arms trade being...
- 10:01 Profit warning and apology to customers from group behind Southern...
- 10:01 Blackpool woman’s 20 years’ in business
- 10:01 Doctors' warning: Patients dying because our hospitals are 'jam-full'
- 10:01 Ten of Glasgow’s oldest buildings
- 10:01 Anger as one in six children miss out on secondary school places
- 10:01 How many players has each Premier League team used so far this season?
- 10:01 Pundit: Antonio Conte proved his class with these four expert...
- 10:01 Manolo Gabbiadini: Liverpool want to sign Southampton star next...
- 10:01 Minecraft helped to guide shootout movie Free Fire's set
- 10:01 Talking Horses: Willie Mullins’ Cheltenham team plus Tuesday tips
- 10:01 Parents warned about indecent images sent to children on apps and...
- 10:01 Dogs sniff out illegal cigarettes and tobacco in raids across...