Jose Mourinho insists Wayne Rooney 'feels the respect he deserves' at Manchester United after striker was booed by England fans against Malta
Dropped England captain Wayne Rooney will receive 'the respect he deserves' back at Manchester United, according to Jose Mourinho.
The 30-year-old striker returned to club duty earlier this week following an international break where he was booed by fans at Wembley three days before interim Three Lions boss Gareth Southgate left the country's all-time record scorer out of his XI in Slovenia.
Mourinho is set to do likewise against Liverpool on Monday night, but the United manager insists Rooney can rely on the backing of the Old Trafford faithful after certain sections of the England support... read more
- 01:43 Trump could target 'carried interest' tax loophole: official
- 01:40 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem
- 01:39 'Germany's culture must be respected' Angela Merkel's minister...
- 01:38 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem
- 01:37 Police in Sheffield uncover haul of class A drugs after raid on...
- 01:34 Reform 'high stakes' primary tests, MPs urge
- 01:29 Manchester United star Ander Herrera looks glum after latest draw...
- 01:23 Tony Blair's legacy 20 years on
- 01:23 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem
- 01:23 Brighton star Steve Sidwell poised to win Championship against...
- 01:23 Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham are heaping pressure on Chelsea...
- 01:23 Leeds star warns owners: Club faces disaster if Garry Monk leaves
- 01:22 White House defends Trump invitation to Duterte despite human...
- 01:09 ADVISORY-Hong Kong financial markets closed for holiday, reopen...
- 01:09 U.S. service member killed near Mosul identified as infantry officer
- 01:03 Why an Italian row over place names is dredging up memories of fascism
- 00:57 Line of Duty season 5: Fans will have to wait 2 YEARS for the next...
- 00:53 Researchers design housing for refugee camps in extreme climates
- 00:52 Khalid Masood: Police unlock Westminster attacker's final text
- 00:52 Celtic's Scott Sinclair takes to social media to make a stand...
- 00:47 Zelda Breath of the Wild news: Microsoft talk Xbox rival as new...
- 00:46 YP Comment: Pay the region what is owed - PM must sign off EU funding
- 00:43 Mild weather brings record number of moths to UK
- 00:40 Monday interview: Axis managing director Richard Scott
- 00:40 Supermarket giants to test high street resilience
- 00:40 John Boyle: Joined-up approach to building strength
- 00:38 Dame Barbara Windsor tells Jaime Winstone 'you're more me than me'
- 00:38 Former PM Tony Blair 'finds it hard to be hated by people'
- 00:38 Social media giants' failure to tackle extremism 'shameful'
- 00:38 Benefits process 'broken' as figures show thousands of PIP...