Jordi Cruyff believes father Johan would be a Manchester City fan today and says it is a matter of time before Pep Guardiola is successful in England
It is almost as if the man himself is there. The question has been raised as to whether Johan Cruyff, shortly before his death in March this year, would have had any concerns about Pep Guardiola adapting to English football.
In the room is his son, Jordi, and he says his father was able to talk with Guardiola about the new challenge in his career shortly before he died.
‘My father never had doubts,’ he says. ‘For him it wasn’t a question mark. It was just a question of time.’
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next 'I'm not here to change the face of English football... but... Lionel Messi absent... read more
- 18:38 NHS preparing to offer ‘game changing’ cancer treatment
- 18:37 Lewis Hamilton holds Sebastian Vettel in higher regard a year after...
- 18:36 Wednesbury floods: Devastated residents warned clean-up could take...
- 18:36 Violent crime hits ten-year high in Yorkshire
- 18:35 2 knives and suspected drugs seized from men in Leicester city centre
- 18:35 Top Uk student Award for Moulton highflyer Holly
- 18:35 Sutton Bridge amputee in plea to council over footpath access
- 18:35 Thousands sign petition demanding raven cull plan is scrapped
- 18:35 Violent crime hits ten-year high in Yorkshire
- 18:35 Abandoned pony found with severe burns from ‘chemical attack’
- 18:34 Sheffield bouncer urges judge to pass lenient sentence on man who...
- 18:34 Violent crime hits ten-year high in Yorkshire
- 18:33 NHS preparing to offer ‘game changing’ cancer treatment
- 18:32 Atletico Madrid have one BIG advantage over Arsenal – Luis Garcia
- 18:32 Man Utd News: Jose Mourinho receives transfer boost over Bayern...
- 18:31 Bangor City FC fail to confirm domestic licence for next season
- 18:30 Ben Ainslie gets America's Cup funding from backer of Brexit and...
- 18:30 Legal action could force Sheffield strip club Spearmint Rhino out...
- 18:30 Sheffield bouncer urges judge to pass lenient sentence on man who...
- 18:30 Blackout warning after collision damages power line in Rotherham
- 18:29 Granddad on life support after ‘choking on hospital sandwich’...
- 18:29 Ken Loach responds angrily to Belgian PM in antisemitism row
- 18:28 Violent crime hits ten-year high in Yorkshire
- 18:28 Alfie Evans: Dad wants to build Alder Hey hospital relationship
- 18:28 PFA insist Harry Kane 'appreciated' goal joke and say Tottenham...
- 18:28 Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana tops up his tan after trip to...
- 18:27 Buildings demolished to make way for Porsche Centre
- 18:26 Murder accused told French nanny she knew Donald Trump and had...
- 18:26 Donald Trump to finally make controversial UK visit and it falls on...
- 18:24 Sheffield bouncer urges judge to pass lenient sentence on man who...