Jonny May on being saved by Harry Potter and his ‘Disney dogs’ during a gruelling 10-month rehab: Colouring books got me through my injury!
At times it was ‘torture’ for Jonny May, but he has battled through his 10-month injury ordeal with help from a Harry Potter colouring-in book, 11 Rottweiler puppies, a trip to Texas and a prank involving a toy hoover.
Gloucester’s England wing returned to action last weekend in fine style, carving up Bayonne’s defence with his first touch and scoring a try. He hadn’t played since his left knee finally gave up on him at Twickenham last December in a festive clash with Harlequins.
At first, May thought he had ‘got away with it’ but a scan revealed otherwise. In his own words, ‘it was bloody... read more
- 12:13 MWC 2017: Google Home speaker to launch in UK by June
- 12:13 UK weather: Storm Ewan snow hits parts of country as FOUR INCHES...
- 12:13 Woman subjected to horrific sexual attack in Glasgow lane
- 12:12 Strictly Come Dancing star set to sizzle in South Tyneside
- 12:12 Knitters help charity’s residents feel welcome in new home
- 12:12 What are the UK's most-used household goods according to...
- 12:11 Man from Banbury reported missing
- 12:12 How low can they go? Germany sells two-year debt after yield slide
- 12:11 Student nurse the latest to come forward about Flip Out Chester...
- 12:11 Woman allegedly sexually assaulted in Ellesmere Port by man she was...
- 12:11 Gig raises £1,000 for Horton fund
- 12:11 Nigel Slater’s leek, potato and mackerel
- 12:11 Rachel Roddy’s recipe for real minestrone soup
- 12:11 Double mini-roundabout to deal with 400 new houses in Albert...
- 12:10 Cat's leg amputated after 'mindless cowards' set dog on it
- 12:10 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: I want this player at Chelsea next season
- 12:10 Chelsea star Willian reveals what David Luiz told him before...
- 12:10 Aaron Ramsey: What my Arsenal team-mates really think of Arsene Wenger
- 12:10 Are we a nation of hypochondriacs? Majority of people wasting NHS...
- 12:10 The student left looking like a SNAKE due to exam stress:...
- 12:10 'I plan to enjoy my life for the first time': Surgeons remove Thai...
- 12:10 Doctors are asking the 'least bad' patients to sleep in corridors...
- 12:09 Our health workers suffering ‘anxiety and stress epidemic’
- 12:09 Schoolgirl died from asthma attack while running to catch a tram
- 12:09 Police responding to Tunisian hotel attack were ‘cowardly’
- 12:08 Competition: Win tickets to Manchester United v Bournemouth at Old...
- 12:08 Jamie Carragher blasts Jurgen Klopp for not fixing Liverpool’s one...
- 12:08 Now millennials are killing marmalade
- 12:08 The surprise Celtic players who have starred in a season of dominance
- 12:07 My night in naked New Orleans: the Mardi Gras party I'll never forget