Johnson & Johnson says insulin pump 'could be hacked'
Pharmaceutical firm Johnson & Johnson has warned that one of its insulin pumps for diabetics is at risk of being hacked, causing an overdose.
The firm said the vulnerability concerned its OneTouch Ping pump which is only sold in the US and Canada.
However, it told the BBC there had been no reported attacks and the risk was "extremely low".
"It would require technical expertise, sophisticated equipment and proximity to the pump," it said.
The disclosure was made in a letter to patients on 27 September, the firm said.
The Animas OneTouch Ping pump, which was launched... read more
- 16:00 Two people arrested in human trafficking probe in Wirral
- 16:00 Traffic at a standstill as fallen tree blocks Sutton Coldfield road
- 15:59 Labour looks for community organiser in Northumberland
- 15:59 Lead Tory rebel accepts Brexit 'meaningful vote' compromise
- 15:59 Development company selling home it bought from CEO
- 15:59 Rashan Charles's death after police chase was accident, jury finds
- 15:58 Why roads will not be closed in Leeds tomorrow for national Clean...
- 15:58 Children's cough syrup recalled over mould fears
- 15:58 World Cup Power Rankings: The 20 best players of the tournament so...
- 15:56 Women reveal what it’s like to live with polycystic ovary syndrome
- 15:56 The future's female? 2000AD's all-women special
- 15:56 Kasbah confirm closure - but all is not as it seems
- 15:56 NBA London 2019: Washington Wizards to face the New York Knicks
- 15:56 High winds restrict work on Carlisle's derelict Central Plaza Hotel
- 15:56 We are doing so much cocaine that eels in our rivers are totally wired
- 15:56 Bury's four most wanted — June 20, 2018
- 15:56 Why roads will not be closed in Leeds tomorrow for national Clean...
- 15:55 Championship duo chase £3m Middlesbrough man - reports
- 15:54 Victor Lindelof injury: Pontus Jansson reveals how Man Utd star...
- 15:54 Liverpool fans LOVE what WWE star chanted at hostile London crowd...
- 15:53 MPs tell Asda and Sainsbury's merger was 'financial fix'
- 15:53 2018/19 Premier League away trips will see Burnley FC fans drive...
- 15:53 Woman, 60s, dies after being hit by double decker bus
- 15:53 LIVE: All the latest comings and goings from League One and League Two
- 15:53 Driving instructor's uninsured son crashed during police chase...
- 15:52 Labour looks for community organiser in Northumberland
- 15:52 'Mr Sleek' to take on Great Birmingham Run after losing five stone
- 15:52 Funding agreed for parking improvements
- 15:52 Why roads will not be closed in Leeds tomorrow for national Clean...
- 15:52 Man from Bradford faces terrorism charges