Johnson heads fresh bid to end bloodshed in Syria
Boris Johnson will today host talks with Western powers to consider "all options" for ending the bloodshed in Syria after fresh discussions between the United States and Russia ended without a solution.
On Saturday, US secretary of state John Kerry met Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov and envoys from the major Middle Eastern players in the civil war for talks in Lausanne, Switzerland, which lasted four and a half hours.
Mr Kerry said the discussions focused on "trying to find something that works other than military action" and that minsters offered suggestions... read more
- 00:37 Leeds 2023 culture bid team is hoping for a helping hand (or two)...
- 00:37 'Holy smokes that is a dinosaur!' Enormous gator nicknamed Humpback...
- 00:36 UK businesses wary about investment on Brexit doubts: survey
- 00:33 Simon Mignolet: Why I believe I can be Jurgen Klopp's No1...
- 00:33 Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Paul Pogba can deal with the pressure on his...
- 00:33 Everton star Tom Davies: Why I owe my first goal to Ronald Koeman...
- 00:33 Pep Guardiola is not the only one at fault for the mess at...
- 00:29 Tory Tribunal Fees are Giving Britain’s Worst Bosses a Free Ride
- 00:28 The successful women embracing ‘girl power’
- 00:28 Can your voice reveal whether you have an illness?
- 00:28 Christian Dior boss: Fashion success through reinvention
- 00:25 100 women: 'Why I fought being banished to a hut during my period'
- 00:25 OPEC sees market stability in 2017, Venezuela aims for $70 price
- 00:25 Sherlock and Doctor Who: 9 times their worlds collided
- 00:24 Former Man United, Bayern Munich and Barcelona boss Louis Van Gaal...
- 00:23 Man jailed for South Ribble thefts
- 00:23 When fast food gets an Indian twist
- 00:22 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Tuesday
- 00:22 Chinese president to defend globalization in Davos
- 00:21 Soaring toll of NHS patients harmed as doctors prescribe the WRONG...
- 00:21 Can an ear implant help restore hearing in thousands of people? New...
- 00:20 Deutsche Boerse-LSE merger make markets healthier: Blackrock
- 00:20 Germany shivers in new wind blowing from US
- 00:19 Dazzling Mold Bronze Age treasure shines on new stamp
- 00:17 JAPAN'S NIKKEI SHARE AVERAGE FALLS BELOW ITS DEC 30 LOW, HITS...
- 00:17 Manchester United player considered for China move: This is what...
- 00:17 Ministers face fresh calls for ban on unpaid internships
- 00:17 Graham Taylor will be looking down on Lincoln in their FA Cup...
- 00:17 Prime Minister to set out 12 Brexit ‘priorities’
- 00:16 Leeds man fined for illegal fishing