John Radcliffe Hospital: 'Unsafe cladding' to close unit
A hospital building will close for up to 12 months due to fire safety problems in the wake of the Grenfell Tower fire in London.
John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford plans to move to 52 inpatient beds from its trauma unit following a review of their cladded buildings.
The NHS trust overseeing the site said a "combination of fire safety factors with this building" make it currently unsuitable for inpatients.
They plan to move patients by 4 August.
The results come from a Oxford University Hospitals (OUH) NHS Foundation Trust report, commissioned after external cladding was thought to... read more
- 12:03 Kia reveals third generation Ceed
- 12:03 Free travel on the Metrolink offered as part of Clean Air Day
- 12:02 REVIEW: Beautiful - The Carole King Story, Opera House, Blackpool
- 12:02 British Airways cancels 'incorrectly' cheap tickets
- 12:02 Protesters get on their bikes against fracking
- 12:02 Bithumb: Hackers 'rob crypto-exchange of $32m'
- 12:01 Amazon Alexa horrifies owner by declaring ‘Every time I close my...
- 12:01 Police appeal over missing nine-year-old Anita-May Davidson
- 12:01 Man, 45, stabbed in Finchley Park, Kingstanding - what neighbours...
- 12:00 Moving to the cloud makes good sense
- 12:00 Consultation launched into plans to expand Sheffield secondary...
- 12:00 World Cup beer shortage could hit Sheffield pubs and supermarkets
- 12:00 Sheffield cancer survivor praises “fabulous” NHS
- 11:59 World Cup beer shortage could hit Sheffield pubs and supermarkets
- 11:59 World Cup beer shortage could hit Doncaster pubs and supermarkets
- 11:59 REVIEW: Beautiful - The Carole King Story, Opera House, Blackpool
- 11:59 Music interview: Nile Rodgers on returning to Glasgow’s Kelvingrove...
- 11:58 Alan Sugar under fire over 'racist' Senegal World Cup team tweet
- 11:57 Bridge lighting up for MND Day
- 11:57 World Cup beer shortage could hit Doncaster pubs and supermarkets
- 11:55 How to get your Netflix membership cheaper - or make it completely...
- 11:55 Spitfire flypast highlight of action-packed Armed Forces Day in...
- 11:55 Transfer latest: Update on Hartlepool United striker search
- 11:52 Motorist caught watching TV while driving on the M6
- 11:52 Brain Game charity night to return to Birmingham
- 11:52 The end of the Ricoh? Wasps searching for new stadium sponsor
- 11:51 Consultation launched into plans to expand Sheffield secondary...
- 11:50 Gosport hospital: more than 450 patients died due to opioid drugs...
- 11:50 Gosport hospital deaths: how victims' families were let down for 20...
- 11:50 Dan Evans not among Wimbledon wild cards and will start in...