John Prescott compares Brexit to iceberg that sank the Titanic
Lord Prescott has compared Brexit to the iceberg which sank the Titanic in 1912.
Writing in his Daily Mirror column, Lord Prescott said water has "continued to seep in" to "HMS UK" as a result of voters choosing to leave the European Union.
The former deputy prime minister and Hull East MP said "significant investment" was needed to make transport and infrastructure more productive to offset the "financial and cultural iceberg".
More news: Is inside Hull train station an 'abomination'?
And he backed Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn's call for a £500m... read more
- 13:30 Restaurant forced to apologise after adding ‘Pill Cosby’ cocktail...
- 13:29 Girl, 8, confirmed to have died in Ariana Grande Manchester...
- 13:29 Child abuser sent to prison for six years
- 13:30 Leeds set to extend Garry Monk's contract by a year as they enter...
- 13:30 Mum hits out at school bans on fidget spinners
- 13:29 Shock, anger, hurt... this was an evil act
- 13:29 Father who drove through the night is still searching for his...
- 13:29 Promise to keep our city moving
- 13:28 Rangers target Rashid Sumaila poised to come in from international...
- 13:28 Eight-year-old Saffie Rose Roussos confirmed as dead in Manchester...
- 13:27 Doncaster sexual health and HIV services are moving near the town...
- 13:27 Canal Street roadworks get underway
- 13:27 Company climate risk disclosure could become mandatory in a few years
- 13:27 Book of condolence opens at Nottingham Cathedral for Manchester...
- 13:27 Mum hits out at school bans on fidget spinners
- 13:26 Preservation day aims to revive region’s threatened meadows
- 13:26 BREAKING NEWS: Two Northampton 20-year-olds killed in collision
- 13:26 Northampton mum issues warning to other parents after son is...
- 13:25 Man City player Leroy Sane to undergo operation
- 13:25 Manchester United Europa League final training squad revealed
- 13:24 Mum hits out at school bans on fidget spinners
- 13:24 Man, 23, held over Manchester terror attack which killed 22 and...
- 13:22 Four teenagers are arrested after 'nasty' attack on homeless man
- 13:22 Burglary suspect released
- 13:22 Just ACT to help counter terrorism
- 13:22 Sponsored walk is a step in right direction
- 13:23 Man, 23, held over Manchester terror attack which killed 22 and...
- 13:22 Action taken on dementia
- 13:23 School prays for bomb victim Georgina
- 13:22 Unexpected road closure