Johanna Konta's top-10 ambitions on hold after defeat in Wuhan to Petra Kvitova
British number one Johanna Konta missed the chance to close in on a place in the WTA Tour finals and also in the top 10 after being knocked out of the Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open quarter-final by Petra Kvitova.
Victory for Konta would have seen her narrow the gap to just 81 points on eighth-placed Carla Suarez Navarro in the Road to Singapore, where the top eight players for the year all compete next month, but she succumbed to the immense hitting of the Czech in a 6-3 6-4 defeat after failing to take any of her four break points.
She was hurt further by Svetlana Kuznetsova's three-set win... read more
- 00:50 How do Liverpool CGIs and artist’s impressions compare to the...
- 00:50 Bananarama set to return for huge UK tour after almost 30 years
- 00:46 MPs criticise George Osborne for accepting editor’s job without...
- 00:39 West Ham star makes big admission: This has been our problem this...
- 00:39 Leon Britton reveals inspiration for Swansea's fight against...
- 00:39 Mauricio Pochettino: I was right to make this decision against Chelsea
- 00:39 Cesc Fabregas tells Eden Hazard: Do this and you’ll be better than...
- 00:39 Arsenal 2 - Manchester City 1: Alexis Sanchez sends Gunners into FA...
- 00:39 Who won the London Marathon 2017? Results, prize money and more
- 00:39 Robin Goodfellow's racing tips: Best bets for Monday, April 24
- 00:39 Harry Kane sends message to Chelsea after FA Cup defeat: We're...
- 00:35 Motoring groups welcome tougher punishments for speeding offences
- 00:33 Wayne Rooney sends huge warning to Manchester City ahead of derby...
- 00:33 Barcelona v Real Marid: Luis Enrique reveals the secret to...
- 00:31 Major breakthrough in search for cause of MS
- 00:30 Pep Guardiola failing to make the grade in the Premier League with...
- 00:30 Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha: This is why we lost to Celtic in the...
- 00:29 Futures rally after centrist takes first round in French election
- 00:29 Afghan Taliban's brazen attack eclipses Trump's 'mother of all bombs'
- 00:26 Period details of horror, from the Victorian era to today
- 00:26 Why ‘Anywheres’ ignore ‘Somewheres’ at their peril
- 00:26 The Good Book of the Manics
- 00:26 City have it all to do after first-leg loss
- 00:26 Gift of the Gab gives Bruce derby day spoils
- 00:26 Sinclair dreams of the perfect treble
- 00:26 How Ofcom meddling is harming the communications sector
- 00:26 Never believe predictions, especially about the future
- 00:26 Is private property peculiar to capitalism and do socialists want...
- 00:26 Overturning the rigged system
- 00:26 Syria: Government captures more ground in Hama province