Jodie Rogers inquest: Driver's excessive speed earlier 'was not a factor in the collision'
TRAGIC Cleethorpes school girl Jodie Rogers died as she was preparing for a sleepover with her friend, an inquest into her death heard.
Crash investigators revealed she was not wearing a cycle safety helmet at the time of the collision with a BMW on Park Street, on September 25 last year.
But she was wearing a bright pink top that would have made her clearly visible to motorists.
PC Tim Clark said: "There is no requirement in law to wear a cycle helmet, but if you wear one it can be potentially life-saving and injuries can be reduced."
Jodie's mother Nicola told how her daughter... read more
- 00:00 Cycling boss claims bullying has been ‘sensationalised’
- 00:00 Arsenal left feeling Blue after FA Cup defeat
- 00:00 Formula One: Hamilton relishes battle with Vettel
- 00:00 Fair hiring matters: Fighting back against black unemployment in...
- 00:00 Len McCluskey is the real deal
- 00:00 A chance to celebrate the uprising of the Welsh
- 00:00 Take heart from the Durham TAs
- 00:00 Bulgaria: Socialists prepared to lead with turn to left
- 00:00 Iran imposes tit-for-tat sanctions on 15 US firms
- 00:00 Iraq: US admits to deadly civilian air strike
- 00:00 Left must set the agenda on EU talks
- 00:01 Chelsea striker Diego Costa suffers injury scare during Spain...
- 00:00 Delegates delighted by Made in Dagenham flash mob
- 00:00 ‘Isis represent trade unions’ oldest enemy – fascists’
- 23:50 Former Olympic champion Katie Taylor calls for equality and...
- 23:45 Indyref2 not on the agenda as Theresa May arrives in Scotland
- 23:42 ‘Penis seat’ reserved for men appears on public transport
- 23:42 The 50 greatest Champions League matches of all time: Sportsmail...
- 23:39 Treehouse could be built in Burton complete with play area as...
- 23:37 Anthony Crolla wants mega money fight with Terry Flanagan - despite...
- 23:37 Chelsea dealt third injury scare after Eden Hazard and Thibaut...
- 23:33 Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino must make 6,000-mile return...
- 23:31 Arsenal star Mesut Ozil on Arsene Wenger: I do not believe this
- 23:30 Eritrean migrants pulled from lorry in Cambridgeshire
- 23:26 UPDATE 1-U.S. equity futures drop 0.5 percent
- 23:22 Chile pensions protest draws tens of thousands
- 23:19 U.S. equity futures drop 0.3 percent
- 23:19 Jermain Defoe dedicates England goal against Lithuania to brave...
- 23:16 Watch dad row with jobsworth cop who confiscates daffodils picked...
- 23:13 Ant & Dec evacuated from Saturday Night Takeaway studios amid...