Jockeys urged to avoid High Street banks by PJA after frauds
Jockeys in the UK have been advised to move their money out of High Street banks, after a string of frauds dating back more than two years.
The Professional Jockeys Association issued the warning after saying an estimated £200,000 had been stolen from about 30 jockeys across the UK.
The money had been withdrawn over the counter from cashiers, possibly using fraudulent documents, the body added.
The PJA said banks were "unwilling and incapable" of preventing the frauds.
It said the crimes dated back to 2014, when about £50,000 was reportedly stolen from the bank accounts of several... read more
- 14:57 First full vegan cafe moving to Birmingham city centre
- 14:57 Liam Payne and pregnant Cheryl celebrate first anniversary
- 14:57 David Walliams moves on from Nightly Show to star in Teletubbies
- 14:57 Birmingham City poll: Who is your favourite loan striker ever to...
- 14:57 The holiday destinations where prices have PLUMMETED
- 14:57 North Wales boxers to square up for Welsh light-heavyweight crown
- 14:56 Call the Midwife's ‘harrowing’ FGM storyline praised by NSPCC for...
- 14:56 Piers Morgan starts on J.K. Rowling AGAIN causing Richard Arnold to...
- 14:56 Concern growing for missing Hull man Clive Reynolds, 73, who needs...
- 14:56 Domino's sex couple Daniella Hirst and Craig Smith say 'we got...
- 14:54 Deal struck over BHS pension scheme
- 14:54 Brighton promotion would be bigger than Newcastle feat, says Hughton
- 14:54 Newcastle's three away games in a week will shape the Championship...
- 14:53 Cumbrian teen's an online hit
- 14:53 NHS cuts: Harrogate student with coeliac struggles to afford...
- 14:53 I don’t want you in my life if you busk on public transport
- 14:52 Police release e-fit of suspect in Hartlepool girl Katrice Lee's...
- 14:51 Woman assaulted in broad daylight near Grimsby footbridge
- 14:51 PSA unveils new DS7 Crossback sport utility vehicle
- 14:51 Free-range eggs become ‘barn eggs’ following bird flu
- 14:51 UK insurer Aviva to take 385 million pounds charge after discount...
- 14:51 Rise in people being arrested in Northamptonshire for downloading...
- 14:50 Travel chaos: Birmingham Airport passengers to face WEEKS of...
- 14:50 Chelsea legend John Terry named ‘most loyal’ player in the...
- 14:50 Zinedine Zidane hits back after constant questions about Alvaro...
- 14:50 Massimiliano Allegri tells friends he’s leaving Juventus for Arsenal
- 14:50 Philip Green agrees to pay £363m into BHS pension fund
- 14:50 Simon Says 2017 festival line up announced
- 14:49 Rapist ripped woman’s face from her skull during horrific attack
- 14:48 Chairman Judy hosts gala night of Bourne talent