JOBS: Rail firm looking to recruit South Yorkshire people for £57,000 a year train driver roles
Virgin Trains East Coast needs nearly 80 more drivers to man its state-of-the-art new rolling stock. Potential applicants must live within an hour of Doncaster - one of five main crew bases - or be willing to relocate in the firm's first driver recruitment for 30 years.
The long-distance franchise, which runs services between London and Scotland via South Yorkshire on East Coast Main Line, is set to boost its roster once Azuma trains arrive in 2018.
The 78 new drivers will earn £57,000 once qualified. The influx will increase VTEC’s driver numbers - currently 346 - by a quarter, enabling... read more
- 20:17 Thousands of motorists fined for driving in bus lanes in Solihull
- 20:17 Forty-one flats set to be created inside Solihull town centre...
- 20:17 'Space force': Donald Trump orders new branch of US military
- 20:17 Details of clean air zone charge for Birmingham revealed and it's...
- 20:17 Rail passengers face disruption on services to and from Cumbria
- 20:16 Theresa May ready to ditch tax pledges to pay for NHS funding plans
- 20:16 Senator demands edible sunscreen be taken off shelves
- 20:15 Malmo shooting: Swedish police warn several injured in city centre
- 20:15 Dig in again as Ribchester is Revisited
- 20:12 World Cup news: James Rodriguez doubtful for Colombia vs Japan
- 20:12 National Action trial witness denies lying
- 20:11 Theresa May ready to ditch tax pledges to pay for NHS funding plans
- 20:11 Archaeologists discover man whose tongue was replaced by a stone
- 20:08 Kyle Walker penalty: Do these pics prove England ace doesn't commit...
- 20:05 Superfan's dream came true when she met Lionel Richie following...
- 20:01 Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho issues Bayern Munich swoop...
- 20:00 England fans CONVINCED Harry Kane was ‘wrestled’ to the ground in...
- 19:58 Could this Real Housewives of Cheshire star be heading to Love Island?
- 19:54 ‘Doomsday preacher’ on Wimbledon train causes passengers to flee
- 19:51 Portal to HELL: Unexplained phenomenon sparks fears as huge crater...
- 19:51 White House on lockdown: Secret Service blocks off street -...
- 19:50 Rail passengers face disruption on services to and from Cumbria
- 19:50 Barrow author believes he has found evidence of 'life on Mars'
- 19:48 How much does Robert Snodgrass earn? The wages that rule out an...
- 19:48 Confirmed: Wolves announce the signing of Portugal World Cup keeper...
- 19:48 Government defeated heavily in Lords on 'meaningful' Brexit vote
- 19:45 Ex-Newcastle manager did not take action on abuse claims right away
- 19:44 World Cup 2018: Mohamed Salah sent WARNING by Russia boss ahead of...
- 19:44 Cheshire walkers to take on Sandstone Trail Challenge to raise...
- 19:42 Queen's nephew and an anti-skunk activist seek election to Lords