Jo Konta pulls out of Hong Kong Open second round with abdominal strain
British No 1 Jo Konta pulled out of her second-round match at the Hong Kong Open because of an abdominal strain, which could jeopardise her hopes of making the season-ending WTA Finals.
Konta became the first British woman to break into the top 10 of the world rankings in 32 years after reaching the final of the China Open last week, where she was beaten by Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska.
The 25-year-old had beaten compatriot Naomi Broady on Tuesday, but was not able to resume the tournament against Qiang Wang of China in what was the first of Thursday's scheduled matches.
Konta, currently... read more
- 08:01 UK banks fear public, politicians set against them on Brexit
- 08:00 Celtic face a far bigger test against Aberdeen than they did...
- 08:00 Celtic defeated Rangers but the Betfred Cup semi final was marred...
- 08:00 Fire Service’s warning after chimney fire at Lincolnshire home
- 07:58 Tom Hayden, famous anti-Vietnam war activist, dies aged 76
- 07:57 Halloween 2016: Family and kids things to do in Birmingham and beyond
- 07:57 It's time to deliver for gay victims of injustice, says Kezia Dugdale
- 07:57 World Wrestling stars set to take-over Grimsby Auditorium
- 07:56 Phil Jones likes Instagram post trolling Jose Mourinho after...
- 07:53 Liverpool title doubt: West Brom midfielder gives Reds a reality check
- 07:52 Investigation launched after woman raped following Sheffield taxi ride
- 07:50 Grimsby Town must end speculation over manager - OPINION
- 07:50 Chris Doig wants quick end to Grimsby Town manager saga
- 07:50 Proud Grimbarian who sang solo at St Paul's Cathedral was...
- 07:49 Humberside Police using unmarked HGV to catch drivers on their...
- 07:49 On the frontline with Yorkshire Ambulance Service's Red Arrest Team
- 07:49 Transgender people tell their fascinating and heartbreaking stories...
- 07:49 How taxi driver saw a purse in the road and saved a Hull woman's...
- 07:49 Hull KR's Kieran Moran hoping for Four Nations debut
- 07:49 Mike Phelan accepts Hull City confidence is crumbling
- 07:49 Hull thief Benjamin Barnes' £40k splurge on Rolex, Disneyland and a...
- 07:49 GSK seeks U.S. approval for shingles vaccine Shingrix
- 07:49 Hull woman 'feared she was going to die' at hands of ex Jamie Bamforth
- 07:49 Contested Weldon homes plan ‘could unlock £500,000 of sports...
- 07:47 Travel, traffic and weather for Burton and South Derbyshire on...
- 07:46 Ben Stokes inspires England to victory in first Bangladesh Test
- 07:46 Adam Lallana: Playmaker provides Anfield update after reaching...
- 07:46 Expert explains why David Luiz wasn't sent off in Chelsea's 4-0 win...
- 07:46 Liverpool agree deal for midfielder - reports
- 07:46 British man was found dead with ham on his buttocks and genitals in...