Jo Cox murder accused refuses to speak in court as judge orders not guilty plea
THE man accused of the terror-related murder of Labour MP Jo Cox refused to speak when asked to enter pleas in court.
Thomas Mair, 53, allegedly shot and stabbed Mrs Cox, 41, outside her constituency surgery in Birstall, near Leeds, on June 16.
He is charged with murder, grievous bodily harm, possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence and possession of an offensive weapon - a dagger.
Top news stories today Rangers fan killed in crash due to marry Craig Whyte trial needs extra time Son's action as mum dies from asbestos Golfer accused of taking gun to course 1 of 4... read more
- 03:24 Spectacular display of vintage and classic cars and motorbikes line...
- 03:24 Mayor of Millom delivers boost to good causes
- 03:24 Rock the Fells showcases breadth of local talent
- 03:24 GALLERY: Cartmel Racecourse sizzles in the sun on day one of...
- 03:24 Boy in Piel Island rescue drama after bad fall leaves him with...
- 03:24 Police investigation launched following unexplained death in Barrow
- 03:24 Still time to win family ticket for Ulverston and North Lonsdale Show
- 03:24 Nuclear chief to chair innovation body
- 03:24 Crews tackle car fire in Barrow
- 03:24 Furness pension campaign group to meet
- 03:24 Lakes hotel up for quirky national award
- 03:24 Appeal for information after mother and child verbally abused in...
- 03:24 Police investigate 'smash and grab' burglary at Grange jeweller's
- 03:24 Eight vehicles damaged in Barrow
- 03:24 Multi-million pound deal for south Cumbria's innovators
- 03:24 Royal visit pays tribute to Furness community and business
- 03:24 Get snapping in Lakes photo treasure hunt
- 03:24 Police appeal after double assault in Bowness
- 03:24 It's show time for Ulverston agricultural event
- 03:24 Crowds flock to Coniston Country Fair
- 03:24 Thousands enjoy Taste Cumbria Summer Festival
- 03:24 Police issue security advice following spate of Cumbria farm...
- 03:24 Barrow woman's tragic 20-year battle with mental health
- 03:24 Sports spectacular in the Lakes this week
- 03:24 Full steam ahead for gathering
- 03:24 South Cumbria school community delighted to gain £350,000 for...
- 03:24 Cumbria police to raise awareness of child neglect as part of...
- 03:24 Failure to cut alcohol use will 'cost lives' of Cumbrians
- 03:24 New luxury buses to operate between Grasmere and Bowness
- 03:13 Trump plea for unity on showdown healthcare vote