Jo Cox murder accused refuses to speak in court as judge orders not guilty plea
THE man accused of the terror-related murder of Labour MP Jo Cox refused to speak when asked to enter pleas in court.
Thomas Mair, 53, allegedly shot and stabbed Mrs Cox, 41, outside her constituency surgery in Birstall, near Leeds, on June 16.
He is charged with murder, grievous bodily harm, possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence and possession of an offensive weapon - a dagger.
Top news stories today Rangers fan killed in crash due to marry Craig Whyte trial needs extra time Son's action as mum dies from asbestos Golfer accused of taking gun to course 1 of 4... read more
- 15:06 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed
- 15:06 South Yorkshire bid to beat domestic abuse
- 15:06 Cuerden jobs site moves step nearer
- 15:06 Man threatened with knife in attempted robbery in Stockton
- 15:05 Girl with incurable illness gets to be police dog handler for the day
- 15:05 Dad 'stalked by cancer' which claimed his wife and daughter
- 15:04 Man sought after he exposed himself on trains
- 15:04 Jail warning for threat to kill man
- 15:04 Adrian Greenwood stabbing: Man guilty of Wind in the Willows murder
- 15:03 Man had facial injuries after assault in Chesterfield bar
- 15:03 Joe Schmidt extends stay as Ireland head coach
- 15:03 Warwickshire trading standards: ‘ham and cheese’ pizzas did not...
- 15:03 Sikh temple incident update: one man cautioned as investigation...
- 15:02 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed
- 15:02 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 15:02 The Centre Project, Granby Street, warns it will have to close –...
- 15:02 BFI research shows cinema-goers in Grimsby really liked 50 Shades...
- 15:02 Man suffers facial injuries in robbery outside Asda
- 15:02 Ward closed at Grimsby hospital due to diarrhoea and vomiting
- 15:01 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 15:00 Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- 14:59 Man City duo miss out on Golden Boy award
- 14:58 On the Wildside
- 14:58 Some SWIFT thinking has helped to reduce spillage from seed feeders
- 14:58 Young artist competition winners
- 14:58 Jus Rol site has been bought by bakery group
- 14:57 Tweed boat trips could play bigger role in town
- 14:57 Bid to create the North East’s first underwater dive trail
- 14:57 Puppy Charlie to have his life-saving operation, thanks to...
- 14:56 Chatburn woman dies in house blaze