Jo Cox case latest: Thomas Mair to stand trial next month
THE MAN accused of murdering Batley and Spen MP Jo Cox will stand trial next month.
Thomas Mair, 53, is accused of shooting and stabbing Labour MP Mrs Cox, 41, outside Birstall Library on June 16.
He refused to speak when asked to enter pleas at the Old Bailey during a hearing this morning.
Jo Cox case: Live blog
Mair, of Lowood Lane, Birstall, has been held in custody since his arrest on the day Mrs Cox was killed.
He is charged with murder, grievous bodily harm, possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence and possession of an offensive weapon – a dagger.
The case... read more
- 12:05 Wolverhampton wind turbine plan: Petition launched against huge...
- 12:05 Former West Brom chairman's daughter in legal battle over Wallis...
- 12:05 Justice for Marine A campaign: Supporters gather on Cannock Chase...
- 12:04 Secretary of State to rule on ‘flood-risk’ former factory site
- 12:04 Calls for Warwickshire people to ‘stand up and fight’ council cuts
- 12:04 Manchester United face Griezmann competition, Rooney wanted and...
- 12:04 Where next for Kenilworth’s voters if Warwick and Leamington...
- 12:04 Man City defender Pablo Maffeo opens up about nerves vs Manchester...
- 12:04 Credit to Burnley company defending against card fraud
- 12:03 Bastian Schweinsteiger sends message to Man United players ahead of...
- 12:03 Which type of NOSE do you have? From the Nubian to the Hawk, expert...
- 12:02 West Ham ‘s London Stadium branded a ‘powder keg’ for trouble...
- 12:02 Sir Alex Ferguson lauds Arsenal star Alex Iwobi after winger’s...
- 12:02 Retiring Blackpool hairdresser’s permanent wave goodbye!
- 12:02 Fylde coast shale gas supply chain events planned
- 12:02 Highstreets hit as online retail rise continues
- 12:02 Hotel and pub fined over food hygiene
- 12:01 Tata Steel says European steel plans unchanged
- 12:01 11 things you’re now too old to do at Halloween
- 12:01 Calls for Warwickshire people to ‘stand up and fight’ council cuts
- 12:01 Parents allow kids to spend over 20 hours at computer over half term
- 12:01 Tarporley hosts first inter-schools cross country event of the term
- 12:01 M&S opens pop-up Christmas shop in Leamington
- 12:01 Man in court over suspect North Greenwich Tube device
- 12:00 XV Beyond The Tryline: Watch EXCLUSIVE rugby trailer with Prince...
- 12:00 Tottenham snubbed by Uber over £20m-a-year deal: Picture of model...
- 12:00 This history of McNames - a Scottish surnames McA-Z
- 12:00 Plans to double the number of places at Wellingborough primary school
- 11:59 Diamond confident Cobblers will get Sixfields form back on track
- 11:59 Jones salutes Wood’s improvement after Saints star’s England recall