JK Rowling apologises over Trump disabled boy criticism
JK Rowling has apologised for accusing President Donald Trump of ignoring a disabled child.
The Harry Potter author had called the US leader "horrible" after a clip appeared to show the US leader refusing to shake the boy's hand in the White House.
But the boy's mother, Marjorie Kelly Weer, corrected Rowling with a post on Facebook. She wrote: "If someone can please get a message to JK Rowling: Trump didn't snub my son & Monty wasn't even trying to shake his hand."
The writer "apologised unreservedly" in a series of Twitter posts.
She wrote: "Re: my... read more
- 16:55 Join us: sign up for the Guardian Teacher Network newsletter
- 16:55 Warning over phone call-barring scam
- 16:55 Boohoo is selling a goal weight sign and no one’s here for it
- 16:54 Collaboration established between Hadrian’s Wall and the Great Wall...
- 16:54 Do you recognise these men wanted for questioning following...
- 16:53 Premier League clubs on Facebook: Which sides have the most...
- 16:52 Diesel tax, benefits & five other law changes you need to know...
- 16:52 Burnley and Pendle pupils' fight hate with moving new film
- 16:52 Scottish artist gives historical portraits a modern makeover by...
- 16:52 Warning over phone call-barring scam
- 16:52 Do your bit to ditch plastic products, says one milklady
- 16:52 Fourth nor'easter in three weeks batters US east coast
- 16:52 Texas bombing suspect blows himself up
- 16:52 Boris Johnson compares Russian World Cup to Hitler's 1936 Olympics
- 16:52 Sex offender who attacked teenage girl on Sheffield bus walks free...
- 16:51 Sex offender who attacked teenage girl on Sheffield bus walks free...
- 16:51 Man sent flying into the air in wheelie stunt gone wrong
- 16:51 Warning over phone call-barring scam
- 16:51 Hunt goes on for missing Duns student
- 16:51 An appeal has been launched by the organisers of a town carnival
- 16:50 Diesel tax, benefits & five other law changes you need to know...
- 16:49 Horse Racing Tips March 22: Wolverhampton, Chelmsford, Chepstow and...
- 16:48 Rawcliffe man jailed nearly 30 years after York rape
- 16:48 Section of Hinckley Road to reopen one month after Leicester explosion
- 16:48 Sex offender who attacked teenage girl on Sheffield bus walks free...
- 16:48 Police name Batley woman who died after being hit by reversing car...
- 16:47 Lady Turner of Camden obituary
- 16:47 Liam Payne admits relationship 'struggles' with Cheryl
- 16:47 Meet the bands who are making politics personal
- 16:46 Firefighters tackle restaurant fire on Lozells Road