Jet lag could increase your risk of cancer because our body clocks are controlled by the same mechanism that causes tumours, study finds
Jet lag could increase your risk of cancer, new research suggests.
The same protein that controls cell multiplication also influences people's internal body clocks, a study found.
Lead author Dr Angela Relógio from the Charité-Medical University in Berlin, said: 'Based on our results, it seems to us that the clock is likely to act as a tumour suppressor.
'One cannot stop wondering whether disrupted circadian timing should be included as a next potential hallmark of cancer.'
Our internal clock is in sync with external light and dark cues, and prompts people's behaviour and activity... read more
- 10:22 Taxi marshals return to Bridlington
- 10:21 School kids injured in 'serious' three-vehicle crash as two taken...
- 10:21 Businessman offers £100k reward for information on missing RAF man...
- 10:21 New Grantham maternity hub provides parents with all services...
- 10:20 Can't stop taking pictures of yourself? Then you might have 'selfitis'
- 10:20 Arsonists strike three times across South Yorkshire
- 10:20 Bradford police seeking man after woman seriously injured in crash
- 10:19 Bradford police seeking man after woman seriously injured in crash
- 10:19 Changes to bin collections over Christmas
- 10:19 Chesterfield chippy launches Christmas dinner menu - including deep...
- 10:19 When Victoria Street was focal point of city's shopping experience
- 10:18 Sky and BT strike deal which Leicester City fans will celebrate
- 10:18 M62 lane closure near Brighouse after vehicle overturns
- 10:17 Can't stop taking pictures of yourself? Then you might have 'selfitis'
- 10:17 Wladimir Klitschko: Anthony Joshua can unify the heavyweight division
- 10:17 HOLBEACH PARISH COUNCIL: New grants policy is adopted
- 10:17 Aljaz Bedene informs the ITF he is turning his back on Britain to...
- 10:16 Shkodran Mustafi back in training but Aaron Ramsey could be out...
- 10:16 Police boss says Force will put communities ahead of cost with £30m...
- 10:16 How we must all meet the challenge of tackling loneliness
- 10:15 Cumbria County council issue plea to find selfless carers for new...
- 10:14 Australia captain Steven Smith closes in on century as England post...
- 10:14 Celtic must get rid of European 'nerves' if they have any chance of...
- 10:14 Firm’s technical five star Blackpool hotel challenge
- 10:14 East Kilbride Road Club celebrate their best-ever season
- 10:14 Mansfield and district crime report
- 10:13 Playground and basketball court to be created on village green
- 10:12 Premier League preview: Can Man City be stopped?
- 10:12 RUMOUR MILL: Manchester United linked with Chelsea’s Willian ahead...
- 10:12 Playground and basketball court to be created on village green