Jessica Whelan cancer death: Four-year-old who touched hearts dies
A four-year-old cancer sufferer whose struggle was highlighted in a heartbreaking photograph has died.
Jessica Whelan's illness was brought to public attention when her father Andy published an image showing her in pain as she battled her terminal condition.
The four-year-old, from Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, was diagnosed with stage four neuroblastoma in September 2015.
Her death on Sunday was announced by Mr Whelan on Facebook.
Posting on the "Jessica Whelan - A fight against Neuroblastoma" page, he said: "I feel both sadness and relief in informing you all that Jessica... read more
- 07:50 Henry Onyekuru gets UK visa after Arsenal agree £6.8m transfer fee...
- 07:49 Former Coventry City defender Blair Adams joins Hartlepool United
- 07:49 Video 5 of 5: Heatwave a boost for Grantham Carnival
- 07:44 RMT announces three-day strike on Northern rail network
- 07:43 Peter O'Mahony's journey from the back pitches of his local club in...
- 07:43 New Zealand vs British and Irish Lions LIVE: Follow all the action...
- 07:41 The biggest fee paid in every Premier League summer transfer window...
- 07:41 Colwyn Bay promenade development countdown as school holiday looms
- 07:41 These are the road closures for Cycle Live Nottingham this weekend
- 07:34 La Liga stadiums ranked by capacity: Which grounds are biggest?
- 07:27 Care home in Ellesmere Port is shut after family's audio recording...
- 07:26 Lindisfarne Oysters seeks new customers
- 07:26 Conservation work under way at Holy Island church
- 07:25 Visa refusal leaves mother and toddler 4,000 miles apart
- 07:25 UK's first heart pump targets 2018 clinical trial
- 07:21 Gareth Shaw: Finance fraudsters exploit gap in the rules
- 07:21 Glasgow Jazz Festival: Neil Cowley Trio | Mezcla
- 07:21 St Magnus Festival: The Story of Magnus Erlendsson | Edinbugh Quartet
- 07:21 Theatre: Death of a Salesman
- 07:21 Edinburgh International Film Festival
- 07:17 It is a bad time of year for hayfever sufferers but these tips...
- 07:15 Birdwatch: Remarkable year for spoonbills
- 07:15 Wolds Diary: A sunset worth stopping for
- 07:13 Man City and Tottenham in negotiations for Kyle Walker and more...
- 07:13 Marcus Rashford's Manchester United role models were ignored by...
- 07:09 Have you seen this Northampton woman today? Police ask missing...
- 07:06 Quiz: Can you guess this villain from Buffy The Vampire Slayer?
- 07:06 Why north Hampshire is a great place to visit
- 07:06 Premier League teams ranked by club-trained players: Manchester...
- 07:06 Manchester United's Henrikh Mkhitaryan eyes Champions League glory