Jesse Lingard reveals he was looking out for team-mate Marcus Rashford during heated Slovenia altercation
Jesse Lingard has revealed that he was standing up for Manchester United colleague Marcus Rashford after being involved in a heated confrontation towards the end of England's 0-0 draw with Slovenia on Tuesday night.
On only his second appearance for England, Lingard lost his cool - having to be restrained by Eric Dier and Joe Hart in Ljubljana - after 18-year-old Rashford was pushed in the throat by Slovenia's Palermo centre half Aljaz Struna, 26.
The ITV commentary team retrospectively suggested that something may have been said to Lingard, 23, but the winger has now taken to Twitter to... read more
- 00:23 Build bridges not walls, says planet
- 00:23 McDonnell pours cold water on Ukip dreams
- 00:23 World ‘has stopped watching’ apartheid
- 00:20 Lagos living: Solving Nigeria's megacity housing crisis
- 00:20 David Moyes makes worrying revelation about Sunderland squad after...
- 00:20 Sam Allardyce facing crisis at Crystal Palace after Everton defeat
- 00:20 Israel's Modiin Energy plans to buy North Sea drilling rights
- 00:18 New Stranraer manager Stevie Farrell eyes dream double as he begins...
- 00:18 Friends reunited? Queen of the South midfielder Joe Thomson admits...
- 00:18 How we built India's biggest robot company
- 00:18 Why Bill Clinton helped a 33-year-old build a $1bn firm
- 00:18 The Crusader: Caterer stuck with two phone bills after smartphone...
- 00:18 City news: House prices, Noble Foods and BT
- 00:18 Share Hunter: Ladbrokes Coral prove it’s better together
- 00:15 John Sheridan apologises for shocking rant in which former Notts...
- 00:15 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admits the need for new signings...
- 00:14 Search for company to design, build and maintain trains for HS2...
- 00:14 Teenager remanded in custody over Leonne murder
- 00:14 Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce blasts striker: I won't have anarchy
- 00:14 Newcastle star is making a mockery of Mike Ashley's transfer policy
- 00:14 Chris Ashton reveals reasons for quitting Saracens for Toulon
- 00:14 Ronnie O'Sullivan beats Joe Perry to win seventh Masters title
- 00:11 Young consumers 'expect better service'
- 00:10 Frying and roasting in cancer link
- 00:09 Poet calls for ‘proud nation’ ahead of Scotsman bicentenary
- 00:09 ScotRail boss denies exit is linked to poor performance
- 00:09 Leader comment: Row over nuclear missile is more heat than light
- 00:09 Police: Human trafficking cases ‘could rise’ with new laws
- 00:09 Agency nurses paid £1500 for shifts at Scottish hospitals
- 00:09 Livingston is Scotland’s top performer in house price growth