Jeremy Corbyn confident of 'effective' front bench team despite MP divisions
Jeremy Corbyn has denied that divisions among his MPs amount to a "smash-up" of the Labour Party, insisting he will appoint a "very, very effective" front bench team within the next fortnight to take the fight to the Conservatives.
His promise to name new shadow ministers before Parliament returns on October 10 effectively rules out any involvement by MPs in electing Mr Corbyn's top team, as Labour's ruling National Executive Committee has kicked the issue into the long grass, with further discussions due in November.
Mr Corbyn declined to name any of those set to be... read more
- 08:11 Putting on A Brave Face at Dundee Rep
- 08:10 One in five British cars is fitted with 'dangerous' tyres, warns...
- 08:10 Home insurance bills rise THREE times faster than inflation as...
- 08:10 EE will double the cost of some calls from next month - and it...
- 08:09 Lancashire man jailed after drugs squad bust at Kendal Calling
- 08:07 Box, set and match: how on-demand became TV's new battleground
- 08:07 England vs. Pakistan: Lord’s horror show for Joe Root’s side
- 08:05 VIDEO: A masterclass in the art of the summer barbecue
- 08:03 10 tips for choosing your wedding cake
- 08:03 Photos share the journey of AI sex robots from steel skeletons to...
- 08:03 Champions League final: Liverpool will LOVE to see Gareth Bale on...
- 08:03 GDPR: Everything you need to know about the new data laws
- 08:02 Poor wi-fi means Conwy valley pupil does homework in lay-by
- 08:01 Nasal implant that impairs ability to smell could help with...
- 08:00 Tanya Burr's 'daunting' move from YouTube to acting
- 08:00 Danny Boyle to direct next Bond film
- 07:58 Armed bystander shoots dead gunman who opened fire in restaurant
- 07:55 Body found in search for missing Leamington man
- 07:55 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:54 Criminal proceedings not ruled out over use of donations for...
- 07:53 Sheila Hancock on Edie: 'There aren't many actors still around who...
- 07:51 Father and daughter step out for charity
- 07:51 Green-fingered Brownies lend a hand
- 07:51 Popular landlord and colourful character dies
- 07:51 Antiques show heads to Alnwick
- 07:51 Celebrating LGBT culture and life in Northumberland
- 07:51 Latest results from the courts
- 07:51 Northumberland Day – a celebration of our heritage
- 07:51 GALLERY: A trip to the Farne Islands.
- 07:44 Edinburgh Woollen Mill confirms it will move headquarters to Carlisle