JCB quits CBI amid reports of clashes over Brexit
Construction equipment giant JCB is quitting the CBI business lobbying group amid reports of clashes over Brexit.
Lord Bamford, whose father founded JCB in 1945, has been an outspoken supporter of leaving the EU, while CBI members have warned against it.
Both parties confirmed the decision on Monday night, but declined to offer reasons why.
The move will be seen as a blow for the CBI, which will lose the backing of one of the country's biggest manufacturers.
A JCB spokesman said simply: "I can confirm that JCB is ending its membership of the CBI."
He said he would not be... read more
- 17:54 Lewis Hamilton inspired by 'awesome' Serena Williams after pregnant...
- 17:54 Lewis Hamilton arrives for Russian GP as F1 star compliments female...
- 17:53 Premier League stats: Every goalkeeper rated by their clean sheet...
- 17:52 Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes boss: Our dominance is over
- 17:49 Locked-up: North Staffordshire criminals jailed in April 2017
- 17:49 Saudis say sending aid to all of Yemen including Houthi areas
- 17:49 Story of 91-year-old Serbian refugee to be told in animation
- 17:49 'Strong and stable' - Why politicians keep repeating themselves
- 17:48 Minister says fond farewell
- 17:48 Wales keeper Nicky Davies in Ynys Mon squad for 2017 Island Games
- 17:48 Four young people killed in 140mph ‘fast and furious’ road race...
- 17:47 Great range of photos to enjoy
- 17:47 Alice Ruggles' family open their hearts 24 hours after their...
- 17:46 DAVID WOODS COLUMN: Solihull rookies stand out, West Ham starlet...
- 17:45 Joey Barton lost almost £17,000 on bets worth more than £200,000 as...
- 17:45 Michael Carrick makes huge claim about Man United boss Jose Mourinho
- 17:45 Why did TOWIE cast come to mystery location in Coventry for a pool...
- 17:45 Tour de Yorkshire: Forged by legacy
- 17:45 NFL Draft 2017: Who is Myles Garrett? What position does he play?...
- 17:45 Former Liverpool chief lifts lid on failed transfer for Tottenham star
- 17:44 Grimsby teenager STILL missing after police appeal
- 17:44 Calls for 200 homes site in Waltham to be removed from Local Plan
- 17:42 Pet ban for owner who kicked, dragged and punched terrified puppy
- 17:42 Prison violence hits record levels but it’s we shouldn’t be surprised
- 17:41 Rail strikes could hit your journey if you are heading north from...
- 17:41 Which football teams caused fans the most injuries and broken items
- 17:41 Cute puppies & kittens from Newcastle & the North East: Send a...
- 17:41 West Cumbrian man jailed for over seven years for stabbing
- 17:39 Search underway for missing 39-year-old man from Lancaster
- 17:39 North Yorkshire 'safest area in the country', police force says