JCB quits CBI amid reports of clashes over Brexit
Construction equipment giant JCB is quitting the CBI business lobbying group amid reports of clashes over Brexit.
Lord Bamford, whose father founded JCB in 1945, has been an outspoken supporter of leaving the EU, while CBI members have warned against it.
Both parties confirmed the decision on Monday night, but declined to offer reasons why.
The move will be seen as a blow for the CBI, which will lose the backing of one of the country's biggest manufacturers.
A JCB spokesman said simply: "I can confirm that JCB is ending its membership of the CBI."
He said he would not be... read more
- 07:48 Former Caralot partner Jamie Caple apologises after Spondon firm...
- 07:47 New average speed cameras on a Lincolnshire road catch 190 speeding...
- 07:47 Driver in disbelief over parking ticket for being 10 SECONDS late
- 07:47 Why are the swans disappearing from Brayford Pool in Lincoln?
- 07:47 New home for flood-hit centre
- 07:47 Barton under Needwood became a different place the day Arnold...
- 07:46 Gay priest loses appeal in discrimination claim against Church
- 07:45 M1 reopens after 17-hour closure due to lorry crash
- 07:45 Leicestershire weather: Cloudy with rain to start, clearing later.
- 07:45 Scunthorpe firm sees surge in sales after receiving cash boost
- 07:45 Humberside Police rated 'good' for legitimacy
- 07:45 Rochdale game is the only focus for Scunthorpe says manager Graham...
- 07:45 Humberside Police has highest grievance rate in the country
- 07:45 £6.5m futuristic flats plan for Scunthorpe town centre
- 07:45 'Tent town' row as council found only one of the protesters to be...
- 07:44 UK online supermarket Ocado's sales growth dips
- 07:43 Schoolboy lunges at people with a knife before being shot by police
- 07:43 Couple who left newborn with ‘catastrophic injuries’ to go to...
- 07:43 Here's what pupils of transgender Hull teacher Claire Birkenshaw...
- 07:43 Man returns overdue library book 120 years later
- 07:43 Where can you buy Hull City Of Culture 2017 merchandise?
- 07:43 Hero rugby players push ambulance free after it became stuck in...
- 07:43 Saints scrum-half Groom raring to go after honeymoon period
- 07:42 People can’t stop taking the p*ss out of Montreal’s sad Christmas tree
- 07:42 Half of UK workers 'have their heads in the sand over pensions' -...
- 07:42 RACHEL RICKARD STRAUS: What if customers wrote the Ts & Cs? That...
- 07:41 Sports Direct profits slump after Brexit hit to pound
- 07:41 New York deli owner from Keswick badly injured in motorbike crash
- 07:41 Why answers will help find a way forward for our library
- 07:41 Police chiefs welcome positive report from government inspectors