JCB quits CBI amid reports of clashes over Brexit
Construction equipment giant JCB is quitting the CBI business lobbying group amid reports of clashes over Brexit.
Lord Bamford, whose father founded JCB in 1945, has been an outspoken supporter of leaving the EU, while CBI members have warned against it.
Both parties confirmed the decision on Monday night, but declined to offer reasons why.
The move will be seen as a blow for the CBI, which will lose the backing of one of the country's biggest manufacturers.
A JCB spokesman said simply: "I can confirm that JCB is ending its membership of the CBI."
He said he would not be... read more
- 10:03 Police release e-fit of man suspected of pulling down woman’s hijab
- 10:02 Police in Barrow issue advice on wearing clown costumes for Halloween
- 10:02 Kenilworth barbershop singers to perform in one-off concert
- 10:02 Chelsea captain John Terry set to miss Man United clash with...
- 10:01 By-election to be held for former prime minister David Cameron’s...
- 10:01 Police issue image of car in relation to Banbury attempted murder
- 10:01 Chance to get involved in plan
- 10:01 Appeal to find missing Warwick woman
- 10:01 Councillors allay fears over relocation of Visions Children’s...
- 10:01 Meet the man behind the gruelling 10K Wolf Run
- 10:00 Hard Brexit ‘would spell disaster for many farms’
- 10:00 Rangers ace Niko Kranjcar in crock shock - Ibrox chiefs fear...
- 09:59 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho reacts to Paul Pogba-Wayne Rooney Europa...
- 09:59 Shkodran Mustafi sends message to Arsenal stars: We have to keep...
- 09:59 Alain Juppe says Calais migrant checks should return to UK
- 09:59 Man United enter transfer battle with Liverpool and Leicester for...
- 09:59 Expected Chelsea XI: How Antonio Conte will take on Man United with...
- 09:58 Three Conservation Areas have been put on the at risk register
- 09:59 PICTURE: Mysterious Turin Shroud-style horse's head appears on...
- 09:58 Aberfan remembered 50 years on: Minute's silence to honour 144 killed
- 09:58 Two vehicle smash closes busy road
- 09:58 Competition watchdog to probe online gambling firms amid unfair...
- 09:57 Yorkshire businesses ‘can benefit massively’ from American...
- 09:57 Is this the longest marriage in Brid?
- 09:57 Arsene Wenger tells Mesut Ozil Arsenal is the perfect club for him...
- 09:57 Jurgen Klopp has the joy of a full-strength Liverpool squad for...
- 09:57 Big rise in crimes behind closed doors, says Yorkshire police chief
- 09:56 Government borrowing rises to £10.6bn in September
- 09:55 North Yorkshire MP calls for crack-down on online ticket touts
- 09:55 Advice on how to keep rats at bay