Jaws didn’t have a human-like face but this shark does
It’s a good thing Jaws didn’t have a human-like face because he would have been much scarier.
Just like this shark that was caught off the city of Mersin in southern Turkey.
The common thresher (Alopias vulpinus), which is an endangered species, was transferred to a local fish market.
MORE: Newsreader can’t stop giggling during story about a man who lived as a goat But customers and traders decided to take selfies alongside the shark rather than buying it.
‘It usually lives in the oceans but sometimes runs off course, often due to weather conditions, and comes to the Mediterranean Sea,’... read more
- 10:05 Mary Berry helps Oakham’s NSPCC Christmas concert set fundraising...
- 10:04 Derby County v Nottingham Forest - live match updates
- 10:03 Half of UK households are now worried about Brexit as concern grows...
- 10:02 Cumbrian family welcomes its fifth generation
- 09:56 Boil water advice for homes in Tameside and Saddleworth
- 09:56 Man charged over girls sex assault in Burnley
- 09:56 Qantas to fly from London to Australia non-stop
- 09:54 Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos says his team-mates have a duty to...
- 09:54 Jose Mourinho keen on bringing Edinson Cavani to Manchester United
- 09:51 Bitter row dubbed Trousergate breaks out over Theresa May’s trousers
- 09:50 Liverpool legend Dietmar Hamann claims current side isn’t good...
- 09:48 Great places in Derby city centre to stop for coffee or cake while...
- 09:46 Chelsea star Willian: I am delighted Antonio Conte said this about me
- 09:45 West Bridgford residents worried after spate of burglaries
- 09:44 Site manager scoops accolade
- 09:43 Man rescued from bungalow fire in Kirby Muxloe
- 09:43 Catholic church in Manila issues prayer against expanded death penalty
- 09:43 Analysis - After Aleppo, Syria's Assad still far from regaining his...
- 09:43 Five killed in explosion near cathedral in Cairo
- 09:39 An Inspector Calls: Everything is pristine at Hurley House Hotel in...
- 09:39 Go shopping in New York... but pop into Iceland first thanks to...
- 09:39 The peak of luxury: A flying hot-tub, built-in sushi bars and bling...
- 09:37 Children antlers for fundraising reindeer runs
- 09:37 Church-run scheme in Barrow offers to help families struggling with...
- 09:36 Delving into family history
- 09:36 Coldstream art gallery moving to new premises
- 09:29 Max Holloway calls out Jose Aldo after claiming interim UFC...
- 09:29 Manchester United in talks with Premier League rival over January...
- 09:28 AA Gill: Final article describes cancer fight
- 09:27 Nottingham Forest LIVE: Derby County vs Reds live at the iPro Stadium