Jarrow’s first market hailed as a success
Business was booming at Jarrow’s first ever community market
Hundreds of people flocked to the event which saw 52 stalls offering a range of wares at the Viking Centre on Sunday.
The market, which will be every fortnight, was created by businesswoman Carol Jakeman-Flounders who made a Facebook poll to gauge the public’s response.
Within three hours she had 7,500 people liking the page.
Carol said: “I have always thought that Jarrow could do with a market.
“I lived in Germany for a while and many towns over there run this type of community event.
It was absolutely brilliant. Carol... read more
- 10:01 Consumer lending growth in May slowest since 2015 - BBA
- 09:59 Teacher casually marks homework during Liam Gallagher’s...
- 09:58 Police rescue children trapped in old orphanage
- 09:57 Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch update: MORE Wii U games to join list
- 09:57 The splendidly unpredictably world of terrier racing in Yorkshire
- 09:57 Major peas plant plans on edge of the Wolds
- 09:57 Hundreds join Eddie Izzard in fun run to remember Jo Cox
- 09:57 60 high rise buildings in 25 local authorities fail cladding tests...
- 09:56 Man seriously injured after plunging from Tradeston bridge into...
- 09:54 Antonio Conte’s agent reveals Chelsea failed in bid to sign Antonio...
- 09:54 Car fire on motorway
- 09:54 Chelsea transfer announcements on hold: Why Blues are waiting until...
- 09:53 Complete chaos on London Underground after huge signal systems failure
- 09:53 More than 100 pets were poisoned by e-cigarettes in Britain last year
- 09:52 Hero Notts Police dog handler honoured with kennels renaming
- 09:52 June 26, 1917 – So you think fake news and sponsored stories are...
- 09:51 Bill Cosby tour 'not about sex assault'
- 09:51 Extra cheer at town beer run
- 09:51 Brave Bradley gets hero’s welcome on the Yorkshire coast
- 09:51 Alexis Sanchez to Man City: Arsenal's Shkodran Mustafi has 'no...
- 09:51 Organic product recalled due to salmonella contamination
- 09:50 Man dies after A605 crash
- 09:50 Woman ‘sacked for not wearing bra’ while working in pub
- 09:50 Holyrood to probe safety of high-rise blocks following Grenfell
- 09:49 Nestle, Italian bank deal prop up European shares
- 09:48 Hospital holds graduation ceremonies for premature babies leaving...
- 09:48 Former Burton Albion manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink among...
- 09:48 Grantham firefighters tackle car blaze in Barrowby
- 09:48 Grantham fire spreads from rubbish to window frame
- 09:47 GLOBAL MARKETS-Italy bank deal lifts Europe shares, dollar on back...