Japanese tech giant Fujitsu axes 1,800 British jobs as part of 'transformation programme'
Fujitsu has told workers up to 1,800 British jobs could go as part of a 'transformation programme'.
The Japanese electronics company, which employs 14,000 in the UK, said it hoped to grow its new digital side of the business and scale back the area which looks after older computer systems.
It added the decision was not linked to the Brexit vote. Union Unite said it was a 'hammer blow' for affected employees, who work at sites including Belfast, Bracknell, Crewe, Londonderry, Manchester, Stevenage, Wakefield and Warrington.
The company said the programme would 'enable it to better support... read more
- 09:56 £45m compensation bill for Morecambe Bay’s health trust
- 09:56 CHINA WARNING: Japan and Australia unite over looming Chinese...
- 09:56 VIDEO: Former Alcan Pechiney site plans take step forward
- 09:55 Grieving son desperate for job to help him stay in family home...
- 09:55 Bitcoin price slumps to new low as analysts say the bubble is...
- 09:55 Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's £60m move to...
- 09:55 Conor McGregor fights UFC boss Dana White as himself on Xbox… and...
- 09:55 Emporium near Sywell closed due to storm damage
- 09:54 Motorists urged to take care as wind brings trees down onto roads
- 09:54 Attempted Stamford garage burglary
- 09:54 Village targeted by burglars
- 09:53 Olympic dream: Nelson taekwondo superstar aiming for Tokyo 2020
- 09:53 Dragons' Den event bids to boost reading age
- 09:51 Carillion workforce deserves assurance on status of their jobs
- 09:50 Lancaster dog lovers to help good cause
- 09:50 Morecambe fashion show in aid of CancerCare
- 09:50 Factory explosion closed a main road into Calderdale
- 09:50 David and Victoria Beckham show us what 18 years of marriage looks...
- 09:49 For the grand price of £145, you can wear a Balenciaga scrunchie on...
- 09:47 Labour MP calls for windfall tax on PFI companies - Politics live
- 09:47 WARNING: Why Britons should check their blood health this January
- 09:46 Doncaster GPs and consultants agree it’s good to talk
- 09:46 Rise in number of obese Wigan schoolchildren
- 09:45 Raptors of the canine world
- 09:45 Latest court reports from Kirklees Magistrates
- 09:45 Six Nations 2018: England rugby name EIGHT uncapped players in...
- 09:45 L’Oréal makes beauty history by casting a hijab-wearing model in a...
- 09:44 Another reason to ditch ready meals? Microwaves in Europe emit as...
- 09:44 Two boys are dramatically rescued from a rip by a DRONE in a...
- 09:44 Smiling ape and monkey actors in 'unethical' Hollywood films such...