Japan's Sharp expects annual operating profit around $385 million: Nikkei
Japan's Sharp Corp expects to post an operating profit of about 40 billion yen ($385 million) this fiscal year helped by cost cuts and a withdrawal from its loss-making North American TV business, the Nikkei newspaper said on Wednesday.
That would mark the first return to the black at the operating level in three years for Sharp, which is rebuilding under new owner Foxconn. The Taiwanese company, formally known as Hon Hai Precision Industry Co, took a two-thirds stake in Sharp in August.
Shares in Sharp jumped 6.4 percent in early trade on the report, outperforming the benchmark Nikkei... read more
- 15:10 Freemasons are next to join successful prostrate screening project...
- 15:09 Porter makes awards final
- 15:09 Tributes paid to Horncastle Civic Society founder
- 15:08 Coronation Street Steve McDonald star Simon Gregson is delighted to...
- 15:07 Ben Davies set to return for Tottenham’s clash with Liverpool
- 15:07 Is Storm Brian forecast to hit Coventry? What you need to know
- 15:07 Investigation finds water problems in Bolsover ‘caused by a digger’
- 15:06 Samsung Galaxy S9 release date, likely price and features
- 15:06 'She will be sorely missed' Family pay tribute to woman found dead...
- 15:06 Man was found in a disabled toilet with under age girl
- 15:06 Coronation Street star slams Lidl over 'sexist' children's pyjamas
- 15:05 Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet
- 15:05 MP Clive Lewis sorry for 'unacceptable language' after video
- 15:05 Man was found in a disabled toilet with under age girl
- 15:05 Cumbrian auctioneer given lifetime achievement award
- 15:04 Weekend fixtures
- 15:01 REVEALED: The EU's £450TRILLION derivative market
- 15:01 Grimsby man jailed for stealing high-powered cars in series of...
- 15:01 Snowball effect...Pet guinea pig helps land school a ‘good’ report
- 14:59 Take part in survey on deafness and hearing loss
- 14:58 TV presenter takes to the battlefield
- 14:58 Chester council leader backs new cafe in bus interchange
- 14:58 From WiFi to a kitchen - Burnley FC's team coach helping the...
- 14:57 PlayStation Plus November 2017 update: Here's when free PS4 games...
- 14:56 Flybe plane forced to return to Birmingham after mid-air alert
- 14:55 PICTURES: Special sister act sees New Mills ‘nuns’ on the run -...
- 14:54 Jenna Jameson ‘has a problem’ with transgender models in Playboy –...
- 14:54 Edinburgh Tattoo to stage cinema screenings for the first time
- 14:53 Armed police rush to reports of a gunshot in Derby - but it was...
- 14:51 Female Labour MPs launch campaign asking members to share...