Japan's Sharp expects annual operating profit around $385 million: Nikkei
Japan's Sharp Corp expects to post an operating profit of about 40 billion yen ($385 million) this fiscal year helped by cost cuts and a withdrawal from its loss-making North American TV business, the Nikkei newspaper said on Wednesday.
That would mark the first return to the black at the operating level in three years for Sharp, which is rebuilding under new owner Foxconn. The Taiwanese company, formally known as Hon Hai Precision Industry Co, took a two-thirds stake in Sharp in August.
Shares in Sharp jumped 6.4 percent in early trade on the report, outperforming the benchmark Nikkei... read more
- 07:36 Part of M6 in Cumbria shut due to lorry fire overnight
- 07:33 Chelsea transfer news: Next Blues boss told to build team around...
- 07:31 ‘Prolific’ car thief banned from entering three areas of Sunderland
- 07:31 Boris Johnson wants a private plane for Brexit business ‘because...
- 07:31 Last ditch attempt to save Calderdale school building
- 07:26 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 07:26 Texting mistakes you don’t know you’re making
- 07:21 Donald Trump may extend UK visit to play golf in Scotland
- 07:20 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:16 M&S profits slump on store closure costs
- 07:15 Ulverston driver due to appear in court accused of failing to stop...
- 07:15 How therapy dog Ted is helping mental health patients across Cumbria
- 07:15 Chance to win VIP tickets for The Mail Picnic Day at Cartmel...
- 07:15 Cheers: Friends and family pay tribute to former Barrow landlord
- 07:15 Selfless volunteers praised for combined 30 year commitment to...
- 07:15 Barrow man to face criminal damage charge
- 07:13 How therapy dog Ted is helping mental health patients across Cumbria
- 07:13 Outdoor company Patagonia backs bid to restore Lake District route...
- 07:13 Carlisle hospital guard assaulted after patient's tobacco theft fears
- 07:13 Festival can go ahead after 11th-hour hearing
- 07:10 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:09 GPs need access to database of social activities to help lonely...
- 07:09 Street and park cordoned off in Sheffield suburb amid reports of...
- 07:09 Three children rescued after huge blaze breaks out at house...
- 07:08 Pregnancy causes long-term changes to brain structure, says study
- 07:08 Aylesbury Vale District Council’s most complained about councillor...
- 07:06 Home Office under fire over ‘muddled’ strategy on slavery that...
- 07:05 Park status to mark Preston's help for war effort
- 07:05 Transfer update: Hartlepool United in talks with top targets
- 07:05 Street and park cordoned off in Sheffield suburb amid reports of...